Some of the Greatest Disney Movies you Might Have Forgotten About

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

With the incredible success of new Disney movies such as Frozen and Moana, many forget about some of Disney’s original films that brought them their success. These films not only have incredibly captivating storylines, but are the movies of our childhood that made us fall in love with animated films.

Atlantis: The Lost Empire

When a young explorer named Milo Thatch vows to complete his famous grandfather’s quest to find the mysterious lost continent of Atlantis, he decides to join a group of fearless explorers in hopes of unraveling the ancient secret location. As a shy cartographer and linguist at the Smithsonian Institution, Milo is the complete opposite of his explorer friends and must adjust to the different personalities. This movie differs from the traditional musical animations, and provides more of an action focused movie. Full of twists and turns, this movie is a must-watch for everyone.

Source: 51IfUrAHkLL.jpg

A Goofy Movie

Goofy, a clumsy, silly father constantly embarrasses his son Max. Max is determined to be his own person and does whatever he possibly can in order to avoid his father.  Much to his son’s dismay, Goofy decides to take his son on a fishing trip in order to attempt to bond. The two struggle tremendously to really develop a father-son bond. This classic Disney movie demonstrates the hardships of growing up, and the difficulties of accepting yourself and where you come from.

Image source: 51AMKWDK6GL._SY445_.jpg

Chicken Little

This movie starts by introducing a young Chicken Little, an outcast in the community for falsely claiming that “the sky is falling”. A year later, still unable to redeem himself in the eyes of the town, Chicken Little discovers that what he believed to be the sky falling is actually a UFO. Chicken Little has to try to convince the skeptical town that aliens are coming to Earth. Through dynamic characters and wonderfully timed jokes, this movie is sure to appeal to people of all ages.

Image source: open-uri20150422-12561-19l35dh_b44edd2e.jpeg

Meet The Robinsons

Lewis, a boy-genius orphan, gets his invention stolen by a stranger at a science fair. Shortly after, he meets Wilbur Robinson who brings him to the future where he claims he will be able to retrieve his invention. Once arrived at Wilbur’s house, Lewis uncovers many incredible secrets about his future as an inventor and his future life. This futuristic movie is filled with many eccentric characters and shows a creative and interesting futuristic society. A true classic, this film is a perfect movie to watch with your family.

Image source: open-uri20150422-12561-1c09hzd_35c8ee94.jpeg

The Brave Little Toaster

This story is centered around personified household items (Toaster, Blanky, Radio, Lampy, and a vacuum cleaner named Kirby) left behind by their owners in a summer cabin. Feeling neglected, the household items decide to leave the cabin to find their owners. They face many challenges over their journey, the most common being the lack of electricity along the way. Though this film is rather old and reflected in the animation, the incredibly unique storyline makes the film one-of-a-kind and a true classic.

Image source: 5752848_sa.jpg

This is an anonymous account hosted by our team mascot, Morty the Monkey. This article was written by a UWindsor student.