A Letter to My 30 – Year Old Self

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

A Letter to My 30- Year Old Self

First things first: DO WE HAVE LIGHTSABERS AND FLYING CARS YET? I’ll be very disappointed if the answer to that is no. Also, it should be the year 2026 when you’re reading this, so it better be a damn hologram. Just to remind you, it’s the year 2015 and you’re 19. You are in your second year of university, and you’re going through a tea phase where you’re drinking tea-a lot of tea- every night and you just got out of THAT relationship…yeah you should remember this moment. Anyways, I just wanted to remind you of some stuff you promised you would do by the time you’re 30. First, I hope you’re taking care of yourself physically. I don’t mean like 0% body fat, but I hope you’re just being regularly active and taking account of what you’re eating. I said it before and I’ll say it again, I know myself and I know you have some sort of chocolate bar with you, so you better drop it. Second, you promised you would improve your photography skills, so I hope there are some framed photos hanging. Third, PLEASE HAVE YOUR OWN APARTMENT OR HOUSE. MOM’S AWESOME, BUT PLEASE… BE MOVED OUT BEFORE 30. My next ones aren’t really promises, but I just hope that you have a good support system with good friends and family. I hope you have a stable job that stimulates you. Finally, I hope that you’re happy: happy with your choices, happy with yourself, and happy with your life. I guess as long as you’re happy, everything will be okay. This is where I sign off man. I can’t wait to be my 30-year-old self. I’m going to take a nap now; you and I both know that it’s the best thing in the world. See you later, dude!

Paulo is a first-year English Major from the University of Windsor. He graduated from Vincent Massey Secondary School, and will always be a proud Mustang.