Chloe Lichty: University Graduate, Now Successful Hair Stylist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

Chloe Lichty is a University of Windsor graduate who went on to be a successful Hair Stylist. To see her talents and advice as a Stylist, see the article she was featured in about current hair styles http://www.hercampus.com/school/uwindsor/10-current-hair-trends

Name: Chloe Lichty

Age: 23

When did you graduate the University of Windsor, with what degree?

2014 with a liberal arts degree.

What did you learn from the university?

University taught me a lot about life, how to be mature, and deal with various situations.

What did you do after you got your degree?

I  went to St. Clair College for Hair Styling.

Did you know what you wanted to do right out of high school?

I always wanted to be a hair stylist, but decided to go university first. I didn’t really know what degree I wanted so I completed Liberal Arts and then went to the college to do what I always wanted.

What are you doing now?

I work at Youssef’s Hair Boutique downtown.

What do you do outside of work?

I horseback ride and write in my spare time.

Do you feel that going to university helps you with your hairstyling job?

Yes, because I’m able to connect with people in a lot of ways after taking so many different classes at the university. Also, since I had a few years between high school and going to college while I was at university, it allowed me to take hair styling more seriously.

What’s your favourite movie and why?

Forest Gump because it’s a cute movie and because I like Tom Hanks.

Would you recommend for people to go to college right out of high school as opposed to going to university?

If you know what you want to do, go and do that, don’t let someone else make your decision. Never be negative towards college or university.

If you had to do it over, what would you change?

I would have picked a major that I would have stuck with, like philosophy, and then probably still would have went to St. Clair to take hair styling.

If you didn’t go to university how do you think your life would be different?

It would be different in a lot of ways. I think that I wouldn’t have been as sure that I wanted to be a hair stylist and I would have always wondered if I should have went to university.

Hi everyone, my name is Sadie and I am a third year student studying Sociology. My hobbies include reading, writing, horseback riding, and eating sushi with friends.
Bryanna Millben

Laurier Brantford '20

Hi! I'm a fourth-year at Wilfrid Laurier University working towards a BA in English with a minor in History, and the Campus Correspondent/President for HC Laurier Brantford. I have a super sweet golden retriever named Marley, and aspire to work in Public Relations.