Anna Duffy: Italian Food Fanatic, Recycling Junkie, Law-Lover

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

Anna Duffy (not related to Duffman from The Simpsons….I checked) is a Criminology Major right here at the University of Windsor. HerCampus sat down with Anna this week to get to know her better.

How old are you and what is your sign?

I am 18 years old  but super soon to be 19! And my sign is Gemini.

Any hobbies/interests?

It isn’t much of a “hobby” per se, but I volunteer for an organization called In Honor Of The Ones We Love, and myself along with 4 other volunteers teach children karate. It brings me joy/happiness and the kids truly have my heart. I love going to see them every Monday night.  

What do you look for in a guy?

I look for personality traits more than I would for looks. A person may not be the standard of attractiveness, but their personality makes them beautiful to you. But mostly I look for kindness, respect, trust, knows what he wants in his future, someone who has goals and ambitions, and of course someone who can have a fun time with me.

I would want him to respect my goals and me and be encouraging towards the things I aspire for in my life.

Ideal first date?

My ideal first date would probably be the norm: going out for coffee or a bite to eat (I love to eat).

Do you have any pet peeves?

Well for starters, I hate when people don’t recycle! We need to recycle to help this environment! Clutter drives me nuts, and people being late are a big no-no.

Favorite food?

Wow, that’s a tough question! My fave food would probably have to be anything Italian. It’s just so good!  

What are some of your favorite movies/TV shows?

This fall, a show called Empire was aired, and I absolutely LOVED it! So much talent and drama in one show. I like to watch another new show called Gotham. Criminal Minds and Law & Order of course interest me because I’m into the law stuff, hence my major.

Paulo is a first-year English Major from the University of Windsor. He graduated from Vincent Massey Secondary School, and will always be a proud Mustang.