5 Quick & Easy Air Fryer Recipes for Exam Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

Can you smell that? It’s a hint of spring in the air! Oh, wait, no. It’s the smell of my chicken tenders cooking in the air fryer. My bad.

I’m baffled whenever somebody tells me they choose not to have an air fryer. Of course, they can be expensive and take up counter space. But so are microwaves, and most people have them. Not to mention, I believe air fryers are infinitely better than microwaves. While a microwave will make your pizza lukewarm and soggy, an air fryer brings pizza back to its crispy prime. 

If you have access to an air fryer, what are you waiting for? The air fryer is a student’s best friend. Home-cooked meals are notoriously healthier and cheaper than takeout, and the air fryer makes them hassle-free! Exam season is no better time to try out an air fryer. Eating a nourishing meal will prepare you to tackle those long Quizlets and textbook chapters. 

Here are 5 air fryer recipes you need in your life this exam season:

1. Chicken Sausage & Veggie Dish 

Nothing says “relaxing study break” like chopping veggies to a French cafe playlist. Pinch Me Good’s Air Fryer Chicken Sausage and Veggies is the perfect dish to make. Grab your favourite veggies: bell peppers, zucchini, mushrooms, or carrots. Season them, and throw them in the air fryer with your preferred sausage. In about 10 minutes, you will be satiated by this nutritious, mouth-watering recipe.

1. Baked Oats

Baked oats have been all the rage on TikTok, but did you know you can make them in an air fryer? For those of you with a sweet tooth, this air fryer recipe will change your life. Healthful Blondie’s Air Fryer Baked Oats take only 15 minutes to make. You will need oats, an egg, half a banana, almond milk, vanilla extract, baking powder, and cinnamon. You can add chocolate chips, peanut butter, or maple syrup to your heart’s content. It tastes like cake, and it’s good for you. Who doesn’t love a win-win?

1. Cauliflower Wings

Cauliflower wings are popular for those who are trying to decrease their meat intake. This Vegan Cauliflower Buffalo Wings recipe from Vegan in the Freezer takes only 15 minutes. First, coat the cauliflower with a mixture of butter and buffalo sauce. Then, toss them in a breadcrumb and seasoning mixture. With a little bit of olive oil, they’re good to go in the air fryer! Now you can satisfy your wing cravings while reaping the benefits of reducing your meat consumption.

1. Chicken Fajitas

If meat is a part of your diet, you have to try chicken fajitas in the air fryer. Little Sunny Kitchen’s Air Fryer Chicken Fajita recipe takes only 20 minutes and has only a few ingredients. All you have to do is cut and season the chicken and veggies. Little Sunny Kitchen’s recipe recommends bell pepper and red onion. Say “goodbye” to Taco Bell and “hello” to this well-rounded, customizable meal. 

1. Fries

When you’re swamped with final assignments, it’s easy to start daydreaming about McDonald’s fries. I won’t judge you. I love a good study snack. However, potato fries cooked in a deep fryer have little nutritional value. Luckily, healthier and equally delicious alternatives can be made in an air fryer! Make this Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fry recipe or this Air Fryer Zucchini Fry recipe. Then, hit the books!

Dahlia Cornell is a writer at the University of Windsor’s chapter of Her Campus. As a student who loves self-improvement, Dahlia enjoys crafting articles about trends, wellness, and academics. Her other areas of interest include local events and life experiences. Dahlia is in her third year at the University of Windsor, studying English Language and Literature. Dahlia aspires to further her studies after her English degree to have a career in education, writing, or law. No matter what career path she chooses, Dahlia is determined to incorporate creative writing into her future. She would love to write and publish a novel. Outside of school and Her Campus, Dahlia enjoys crocheting, watching Halloween movies, trying different coffee shops, and going on walks. She spends too much time curating her Pinterest boards and daydreaming about Victorian houses. Dahlia should spend more time trying to read the excessive amount of books she buys.