4 Things To Do This Winter In Windsor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

With the holiday season upon us and winter break right around the corner, it’s time to start thinking about how to make the best out of the winter season. While winter can bring on the blues and boredom, there is still plenty to try and do, especially here in Windsor! Some might argue that Windsor is a boring city, but there is plenty to do here if you’re looking in the right place. Winter should be celebrated and enjoyed like any other season, and that starts with finding things to do. Here are 5 things to do this winter in Windsor:

Ice Skating 

Whether you go to the WFCU Centre, Lanspeary Park, or the Forest Glade Arena, you are bound to have a jolly time! Skating is a wonderful way to not only enjoy your winter but also destress and have fun. Ice skating has a lot of benefits and can be an exciting new way to exercise. There are plenty of options of where to go if you want to ice skate in Windsor; you can go to WFCU Centre if you prefer skating indoors or Lanspeary Park if you prefer the outdoors. There is something for everyone here!

Light Show

Bright Lights Windsor is a great way to spend time with friends and family as you take a stroll through the now lit-up Jackson Park. The space is filled with wonder and joy, and the lights are a spectacle not to be missed. Bright Lights Windsor also features a holiday market and food vendors, which allow one to have an even better experience. The lights also offer sensory friendly nights every Tuesday where the sound will be muted and strobe elements paused so that the lights can be enjoyed peacefully by everyone. Bright Lights is open from December 1 2023 to January 2024. Going to a Christmas light show is certainly a must for winter.

Pottery Painting 

Pottery painting is a wonderfully relaxing and calming activity to do this winter. It is also another amazing way to be creative. It provides individuals a nice cozy indoor place to relax and hang with friends while painting. Crock A Doodle is the perfect place to go. Located inside the Superstore, this cozy little place is sure to bring you joy. So grab some hot chocolate and get to painting! 

Coffee Shops

While Windsor is often known for its Windsor-style pizza, the coffee shop scene here isn’t too bad either. There are so many amazing and cozy spots to check out and so many amazing beverages waiting to be tasted. Visiting coffee shops is a great way to get out of the house and spend time somewhere else. If you’re not a fan of coffee or tea, then I suggest you check out the M Chapter Board Game Cafe, which offers patrons bubble tea as well food while they enjoy playing all sorts of board games. 
For a list of amazing coffee shops here, check out my article which details my favourite coffee spots here in Windsor.

Ayat Ibrahim

UWindsor '24

Ayat is a fourth year English Literature student, lover of cats, food and coffee. In her spare time, she can be found either reading or watching bad sitcoms.