This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

When it comes to coffee shops in Windsor, I have been to them all. Coffee shops hold such a special place in my heart. They are a space to socialize, and serve as that place that exists between home and work. As an avid coffee lover, there is just something about setting time aside to sit down at a coffee shop and savour your drink as opposed to chugging your iced coffee before your morning class. A cosy coffee shop offers an experience and a break away from the chaos of the world. They are an important part of our communities and should be celebrated more. That’s why I compiled a list of my favourite coffee shops in my hometown of Windsor, Ontario.

The Coffee Exchange 

Address: 266 Ouellette Ave, Windsor, ON 

The Coffee Exchange is an iconic café in Windsor. Located in the heart of downtown Windsor, this coffee shop is rarely a ghost town. Having been in business for nearly 30 years, the Coffee Exchange treats new customers and regulars alike. Art lines the brick walls, and fairy lights line the ceiling. This place has perfect ambient light to study under, and the perfect cosy mood. The Coffee Exchange also has an extensive catalogue of coffee beans, if you’re into that kind of stuff. Along with drinks, they also serve food and bakery items with vegan and gluten-free options as well. Because of its location, this place is perfect for people-watching or getting some work done. My favourite items on the menu are their iced caramel macchiato and their cake slices, which never seem to fail me. 

Green Bean Café

Address: Lower Level of UCC, 2320 Wyandotte St W, Windsor, ON 

Green Bean is a unique place that serves as a  meeting/study spot between classes. This place is a 5-minute walk away from the main campus of the University of Windsor and offers a variety of drinks and food; and usually has a weekly food special. What makes the Green Bean such a special place is the fact that it really is a part of the UWindsor campus community, oftentimes they host community events to bring students together. The Green Bean is a place like no other with good vibes, great music and amazing food and coffee. My favourite item on the menu is their rice and bean wrap. 

Taloola Café

Address: 396 Devonshire Rd, Windsor, ON 

If you’re a fan of Gilmore Girls then this is the right place for you. Taloola feels like you’re stepping into a movie scene with the friendliest staff and best food so it’s hard to stay away. The menu has plenty of options for everyone from vegan choices to gluten-free ones, Taloola has got everyone covered! The café is located near Olde Walkerville and has been operating for 15 years. Lined with brick walls Taloola has a warm, cosy vintage feel to it. This is definitely a must-visit. My favourite item on the menu is their breakfast wrap and their frozen monk drink which is made of espresso, chocolate sauce and frozen vanilla yogurt.

Cafe March 21

480 Pelissier St, Windsor, ON

Cafe March 21 is a cozy coffee spot located on Pelissier St in downtown Windsor. Offering customers deliciously handcrafted drinks with various unique brewing options such as siphon and pour-over. What sets March 21 apart from other coffee shops, besides their delicious caffeinated drinks, is their food menu selection; o They offer choices like dumpling ramen and rice bowls. This place has been in business for nearly 8 years, it’s no wonder why it continues to thrive. The decor is modern yet still cosy, with plants and wood panels on the wall. March 21 is very pleasing to the eye and as the name suggests, this place gives off a warm spring-like feel making it the perfect place to study. My favourite items on the menu are their steamed dumplings and matcha latte.

Ayat Ibrahim

UWindsor '24

Ayat is a fourth year English Literature student, lover of cats, food and coffee. In her spare time, she can be found either reading or watching bad sitcoms.