free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Working While in College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWG chapter.

We all need some extra change in our pockets, but keeping up with classes while working can be challenging. Here are three tips to help balance the two.

1. Talk to your boss.

Let your lead or manager know that you are in college. Let them know what your course load is like so they can understand when last minute study groups form or an extra credit assignment will cause you to be late to a shift. Keep them updated through the semester.

2. Plan ahead.

Photo by Hey Beauti Magazine on Unsplash

A planner is a great help! Write down your due dates, test dates, paper submission dates, etc. If you need to take the night before a test to do some review, request a morning shift. If it is a midterm or final, request off to relieve stress. Make sure you follow the guidelines of your job when requesting shifts and do it way in advance!

3. Prioritize

Remember, class is your top priority. There are many jobs that are suitable for college students because of schedule flexibility. Schools come first and work along with your social life wil fall in line afterwards.

My name is Brianna Clay. I attend the University of West Georgia. It is my senior year , I plan on continuing my education next fall . After school I will be a sports psychologist and I will have a Breast Cancer Awareness organization. I enjoy shopping, sleeping , and dancing .