What’s Happen’ @ UWG This Week? 2/12-2/17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWG chapter.

Check out some of the events going on at West Georgia this week!

Tuesday, February 13: 

Wanna learn some interviewing skills for an upcoming interview? Career Services is holding a workshop on interviewing skills that you can use for your next interview! 3:30pm – 5pm | Miller Hall 1309

Photo by rawpixel.com on Unsplash

Hang out with the Student Activities Council as they have their Valentine’s Day Event! 5pm – 8pm | Campus Center Ballroom

Wednesday, February 14:

Wear Red and get 10% off at the UWG Bookstore!

UWG Softball vs. Columbus State: Support our softball team as they play Columbus State University | 3pm, University Softball Field

Photo by Rachel Barkdoll on Unsplash

UWG Basketball vs. Shorter: Come out and support our West Georgia Wolves basketball team as they go head to head with Shorter University | Women’s @ 5:30pm; Men’s @ 7:30pm; University Coliseum

Thursday, February 15:

Are you wanting to study abroad for a semester or year? Application deadlines are due today at 7pm!

Photo by Sylwia Bartyzel on Unsplash

Saturday, February 17:

Belles of the Ball: this event is for high school girls who are in need of prom dresses. It’s a great way to connect with high school students and make a difference in their lives! Get more details here: https://go.activecalendar.com/westga/event/belles-of-the-ball-2018/

Mardi Gras 5K: do you love to run? Then join the Mardi Gras 5K, and run with the UWG Wolves! For more details: https://go.activecalendar.com/westga/event/mardi-gras-5k-1/

Photo by Mārtiņš Zemlickis on Unsplash

Itunu is a senior at the University of West Georgia. She is a Mass Communications major with a concentration on journalism, and a Creative Writing minor. In other words, she loves to write. She also loves Jesus, and enjoys food, Instagram, shoes and Pinterest. Itunu loves learning new things and hopes to become a fashion journalist one day. In her free time, she likes spending time with her friends and family, watching YouTube videos (or Netflix), and sleeping.