What’s Happen’ @ UWG This Week?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWG chapter.

February is the month, but you don’t need a significant other to celebrate. Just grab a couple of pals and check out these UWG events for the month of February!

Photo by Carl Raw on Unsplash

SAComing Arcade Night: Join the Student Activities Council for a “spring homecoming” featuring Arcade games and bumper cars (and don’t worry about the cold, it’ll be indoors!). 

Tuesday, February 6, 2018 | 5pm – 8pm; Campus Center

Speed Dating Soiree: The Students of Caribbean Ancestry and The African Student Association are teaming up to bring you a speed dating night, right before Valentine’s Day!

Wednesday, February 7, 2018 | 7pm – 9pm; Campus Center

SAC Tailgate: We’re going head to head with the Valdosta Blaze on Thursday night! But before the game, join SAC for a tailgate (aka free food!).

Thursday, February 8, 2018 | 5pm-7pm; Outside the Coliseum (lower level parking lot)

Photo by Joey Kyber on Unsplash

Baseball Game vs. West Alabama: our baseball team will be playing not one, but two games this Saturday. So come out and support them!

Saturday, February 10, 2018 | 12pm and 3pm; Cole Field

Basketball Game vs. West Florida: if baseball isn’t your thing, then come out and support our basketball team as they play against the University of West Florida!

Saturday, February 10, 2018 | Women’s @ 2pm, Mens @ 4pm

Photo by Dhruva Reddy on Unsplash

So pick an event or two, take a break from homework, and have some fun!

Featured Image Courtesy of University of West Georgia

Itunu is a senior at the University of West Georgia. She is a Mass Communications major with a concentration on journalism, and a Creative Writing minor. In other words, she loves to write. She also loves Jesus, and enjoys food, Instagram, shoes and Pinterest. Itunu loves learning new things and hopes to become a fashion journalist one day. In her free time, she likes spending time with her friends and family, watching YouTube videos (or Netflix), and sleeping.