This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWG chapter.

Hey there!

Right when October comes around, I go into an instant Halloween mode. I mean, who isn’t? With school, it can get kind of hard to get into the spirit. So, I have conjured some fun things you can do to get into the spirit of Halloween around the school clock.

Go to a Pumpkin Patch

I think that going to a pumpkin patch is the best thing to do to get into the Halloween mood. At pumpkin patches, they have lots of pumpkins and different festivities you can do depending on your local pumpkin patch. Plus, by going to a pumpkin patch, you have a great opportunity to take some great pictures. The perfect time I say to go is on the weekends when you are class free.

Go to a Halloween Store/Buy a Costume

Because why not? No, but in all honesty, just by going shopping and looking at what stores have in stock for Halloween can really get you in the mood. You can go any day of the week and pick up random kit knacks.

Photo by Glendale Halloween

Watch Scary Movies

I don’t watch scary movies at all but my family does every day during the month of October. They say Halloween is about getting scared so people opt to watch some of the classic scary movies like Friday the 13th and so on. Since I don’t watch the scary movies, I watch the more kid-friendly movies like Casper, Monster House, and It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown.

Go to a Haunted House

Haunted houses are another good thing to do to get into the Halloween spirit depending on the one you go to. They can scare the pants right off of you! Of course, places like these are perfect to go with your friends or family members.

Photo by Robert Heiser on Unsplash

Haunted DIY Projects

Who doesn’t love a good DIY project? I personally like to decorate my room with Halloween gear just to be a little more festive. If you’re into crafting, you can check on Pinterest for some Halloween crafting ideas to do!

Halloween Parties

Throw a Halloween party! Decorate your garage or empty space and turn it into a spook-tacular venue. Make Halloween inspired snacks and throw on some spooky music for hours of fun!

I hope I generated some great ideas for you to do leading up to Halloween. Remember, live in the moment and have fun with your friends and family. Stay safe everyone.

Hello! My name is Samara Marshall and I am currently studying Mass Communications at the University of West Georgia.