Finals Week Self-Care

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWG chapter.

Finals week is just around the corner, and if you’ve been in college for a couple of semesters, you already know the stress that comes with that week. It’s difficult to take care of yourself when you have tests to study for and papers to write. Before you start pulling out your hair over finals, read this post on how to take time for yourself during this dreaded (it doesn’t have to be!) week.

Photo by Cathryn Lavery on Unsplash

Journal: stress during finals week is almost inevitable, but that stress doesn’t have to last too long. When you feel super overwhelmed, take a few minutes to write down everything roaming around in your brain. 

Take breaks: breathe, relax. You may not think so, but studying can wait for a few minutes while you take a breather.

Take a shower or bubble bath: time to pull out those super cute bath bombs! What better way to relax than to take a nice bath or shower?

Friends: just because it’s finals week, doesn’t mean you have to lock yourself in your room 24/7. Make plans to hang out with a friend, even if it’s for a few minutes.

Treat yo’self: buy yourself some ice-cream, watch your favorite show, read a book or magazine, get a pedicure. Treat yourself for a job well-done.

Photo by Brigitte Tohm on Unsplash

Finals week doesn’t have to be a completely dreaded week. Take time out for yourself and the week will be over in no time!

Featured Photo by Anthony Tran on Unsplash

Itunu is a senior at the University of West Georgia. She is a Mass Communications major with a concentration on journalism, and a Creative Writing minor. In other words, she loves to write. She also loves Jesus, and enjoys food, Instagram, shoes and Pinterest. Itunu loves learning new things and hopes to become a fashion journalist one day. In her free time, she likes spending time with her friends and family, watching YouTube videos (or Netflix), and sleeping.