This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWG chapter.

Everyone’s life appears messy at some point in time. Whether it’s stress from the overwhelming weight of college classes, inevitable conflicts with friends and roommates, or simply feeling lonely and wondering how your life became so utterly complicated. It’s easy to focus on the problems in your life, but is that helping with the actual issue? Sometimes it’s easy to fixate on the chaos surrounding you. Instead, why not change your perspective and appreciate the beautiful mess your world has turned into. We are all human and learn from experience. Each of us have our own intricate story; our own canvas.

Photo by RhondaK Native Florida Folk Artist on Unsplash

Imagine painting with a paintbrush. With each stroke across the picture, there is no exact way of recreating the same mark. The bristles will never be parallel to the way they once were. Each of us have a story that is so unique and beautiful just like a work of art.

The next time you feel like your life is a mess, think of a splatter painting and how intriguing and beautiful it is. Once you can do that, you might send your troubles to an oblivion and give yourself a whole new perspective on life. Always remember, you are a work of art. You are creative, unique, and perfectly imperfect.

Photo by Amaury Salas on Unsplash

"There's no need to be perfect to inspire others. Instead, let others be inspired by how you deal with your imperfections."  In other words, AHHH!! Life's a mess, but you learn to see the beauty in every little detail. I don't strive to be perfect, I strive to be what I can, which is a not so perfect, caring, compassionate lover of  this world, with a little bit of diva on the side. I am a Mass Communications major at the University of West Georgia. I enjoy writing about my passions, what interests me, what interests other people, and sharing it with the world. I'm a huge feeler and I've always loved to express myself with my words. I think it's amazing how life can be so confusing and ugly while also being so randomly beautiful and inspiring all at the same time!
Itunu is a senior at the University of West Georgia. She is a Mass Communications major with a concentration on journalism, and a Creative Writing minor. In other words, she loves to write. She also loves Jesus, and enjoys food, Instagram, shoes and Pinterest. Itunu loves learning new things and hopes to become a fashion journalist one day. In her free time, she likes spending time with her friends and family, watching YouTube videos (or Netflix), and sleeping.