This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWF chapter.

Well, it is almost that time of year again my fellow college students- Midterm Season. With the start of fall, comes the dreaded approach of midterm week. Here are some hacks to help you look and feel great during this hectic time of year.

1. Get Ahead of the Game

Planning is a crucial part of a students success in college and life. By writing or typing out an organized schedule of your week, you can avoid getting behind on your studies and avoid the last minute cram sessions.

2. Don’t Forget to Sleep

Cramming the night before a big test is never a good idea. Although it may seem as if every minute of every day should be dedicated to studying during this whirlwind of a week, sleeping is also important. Without the necessary hours of daily sleep, your brain cannot retain the information needed to have a successful midterm week. Don’t be afraid to schedule sleep into your schedule for the week.

3. Stay focused

Making a schedule is only part of the process. Once your study schedule is set, try to abide by it as much as possible. This can prevent any deviations that can result in you being unprepared for a test.

4. Pack Healthy Snacks

If you plan on being at the library late, do not forget to pack a healthy snack or meal. By bringing fruits or vegetables, you are preventing the almost inevitable junk food binge brought on by the tedious work exhibited during this time. Also, be sure to drink plenty of water, and if you need energy, a good herbal tea is the perfect way to provide caffeine as a healthy alternative.

5. Treat yourself

Feeling good about how you look boosts your confidence and in turn helps you go into a midterm ready to conquer. The best type of relaxation is when the end result makes you look even cuter than before. So replenish the moisture in your hair with one of Garnier’s one minute hair masks and paint your nails another vibrant color. You deserve it.

In the end, these are just a few suggestions to help guide you through a stressful week of tests. Midterm week is nothing to fear if you are prepared and ready to face it head on.  A feeling of preparedness can prevent any panic that normally arises. Remember these tips for later in the semester when finals are casting a gloom over your winter.

Jasiana Edwards is a Junior at the University of West Florida. She is majoring in Biomedical Science with a minor in Psychology. Along with being a member of Her Campus, she is also an officer in UWF's American Medical Women's Association.
Gina Castro is a junior at the University of West Florida where she is double majoring in English Literature and Journalism. She is currently the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus UWF and an editorial intern for Ballinger Publishing. Since her sophomore year, she has been an active member of her university's Her Campus chapter. When she's not researching new stories to write articles about, she is watching knitting tutorials or obsessing over Toni Morrison.