7 Halloween Costumes Based on Your Favorite Cartoons

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWF chapter.

Halloween costumes can be a fun time to dress up as anything you can imagine. You can be anything from a sexy feline to a carton of milk. Dressing up as a character from your favorite movie or show can be a cute, original idea rather than buying a ready-made costume. Listed below are seven DIY costumes from your favorite cartoons. No matter how old you are, you’re never too old for cartoons.

1. Boo from Monsters Inc.

Image via Polyvore

Boo may just be the cutest little monster in the entire movie. This costume is very simple and some of it may already be in your closet! Just throw your hair in pigtails and you’re reading to go!

2. Ashley Spinelli from Recess

Image via Buzzfeed

After recently re-watching Recess, Spinelli was a bad ass! She definitely dressed for fashion and comfort. Wearing combat boots all night would probably be better than wearing heels that will kill your feet. This outfit can easilty be found at your local thrift store.

3. Reggie Rocket from Rocket Power

Image via Gurl

This costume will require some hair dye or a wig if you do not already have purple hair. This iconic skater girl is a great character to dress up as because she is so well known. At first glance, anyone who has seen the show will notice you. The chance of finding a pink shirt with a yellow rocket is slim, but it is a great opportunity to DIY a cute shirt.

4. Velma and Daphne from Scooby Doo

Image via GeekxGirls

If you and your best friend want to go as a team, who better than Velma and Daphne? This iconic duo has brains and beauty. Their funky fashion is super trendy and recognizable. If you are going out, you guys can be the whole Mystery Gang!

5. Phil and Lil from Rugrats

Image via Pinterest 

Rugrats was one of our favorite shows growing up. Maybe you still watch it to this day. If two people are going, Phil and Lil are the cutest twins to dress up as. And you still have the option to go as the whole group of babies, plus Angelica!

6. Debbie from Wild Thornberrys

Image via douxkitten

This costume is one that can be easily found in your closet or a thrift shop. Ripped jeans, an orange crop top and a green flannel are very common items of clothing. If you do not have an orange crop top, you can just take an orange shirt and fold it up or cut it to create a makeshift crop top.

7. Wanda and Cosmo from The Fairly Odd Parents

Image via HerCampus

This Wanda and Cosmo costume can be done with your boyfriend or a guy friend you are going out with. The only DIY part of this costume are the crowns and the wands. If you already have a yellow shirt and a white button down with the black tie, you’re set. Spraying your hair with pink and green color is a must to make the costume complete!

Cover photo courtesy of GeekxGirls

Hey guys! I am Nicole waldo. I am currently a sophomore at the University of West Florida. Go Argos! This is my first year in HerCampus and I am very excited to be in such a wonderful orgaization.