This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWB chapter.

How to get out of a FUNK

1. Put on some upbeat music

1. Try journaling

1. Call up a friend you haven’t talk to in a while

1. Go on a drive

1. Make to-do lists

1. Take a shower so you feel refreshed

1. Think about all the things you’re grateful for

1. Self-Care- There’s so many forms of this! (Self-massage, bubble bath, reading therapy, etc.)

Don’t feel discouraged when you get “in a funk” at times. It happens to all of us for whatever reason (stress, school work, relationships, etc.) But there’s so many ways to get out of it and feel 10 times better. Always put yourself first and don’t forget to give yourself the self-care you need. ???

Samantha is a current Business Marketing major and Visual & Media arts minors. She loves to write about relatable topics such as dealing with stress and mental health. Aside from that, her passions include yoga, style, & self care!
Prathyusha Pillari is a 19-year-old senior at University of Washington, Bothell where she majors in Computer Science and Software Engineering. She was born in India and spent 14 years of her life there before moving to the United States. She is an advocate of women's rights and equality. She loves creative writing, traveling, driving around in her car and stalking people on Instagram.