yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

Tried and Tested Survival Kit Fall 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Fall is an amazing time of the year. From the changing leaves to the cutest outfits and that perfect cool breeze, it’s no wonder people look forward to it all year. This year Her Campus has some amazing beauty products in their survival kit that will make you fall in love with fall! I’ve tried and tested them for you and here are my final results:

Freeman Feeling Beautiful Cucumber Facial Peel-Off Mask

After just one single use of this peel-off face mask, I noticed an incredible difference in my skin. It was feeling not only smooth and soft, but it also felt super hydrated and fresh. I absolutely loved this face mask!

Directions:

I started off by removing all my makeup and cleansing my face to get the best results. I then applied the mask to my face. One mistake I made while applying the mask was applying it too thick. With this mask, a little goes a long way and if you apply it too thick, it will take forever to dry. Also, avoid the eyebrows and eyelids as the mask may rip out some hairs and can be very harsh on sensitive skin. After applying the mask I waited about 20-30 minutes to let the mask dry completely and for my skin to absorb all the nutrients in the mask.

Results and Final Thoughts:

Once it was dry, it was time to peel off the mask, which I found to be the best part! Although some spots were a bit more tender than others, the mask came off comfortably and it was the most rewarding feeling ever. My skin felt baby soft to the touch immediately after!

This mask is great for fall because it helps take out all the impurities that lay under your skin after a long summer and hydrates it simultaneously to keep your skin looking and feeling fresh. Give it a try for yourself!

Milani Ultrafine Liquid Eye Liner (05 Sparkling Turquoise)

First off, let me just say how beautiful the color of this eyeliner is! It’s extremely pigmented and lasts all day long. For a girl who wears mostly neutral colors such as brown and sometimes grays for eyeshadow, I have to say having this pop of color was awesome and got me so many compliments!

Directions:

Apply the eyeliner to the lids or to the lower lash line. The sparkle in this eyeliner will make your eyes pop and bring out the different colors in your eyes, especially if you have multiple colors.

Results and Final Thoughts:

The eyeliner had a thin tip which made the application extremely easy, especially if you’re going for an awesome winged-out look. I thought the sparkles were super small and didn’t make the makeup look over-dramatic. I highly recommend this eyeliner if you want to amp up any makeup look for either daytime or nighttime. It’s a stunning color and the longevity is amazing! You won’t be disappointed!

Overall, I thought these products were amazing, especially for this fall! The mask cleanses and hydrates the face and the eyeliner gives an awesome twist to any makeup look! A special thank you to Her Campus for allowing me this amazing opportunity to try out these products! Try them out for yourself and see how they can make you fall in love with fall!

Hello! My name is Elizabeth Jacobson, but most people call me Liz for short. I am a sophomore this year at UW-Stout to get my Bachelors degree in Business Administration. I plan to have an emphasis in entrepreneurship so that after college I can pursue my dreams of owning my own store. I have a passion for writing. I love new ideas, meeting new people, and exploring different things in life. 
Her Campus at UW-Stout