Toys Only 90’s Kids Would Remember

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Growing up in the 90’s, there were some pretty cool toys. You might even still have some of these toys stashed away somewhere in a box in the basement or attic. Wherever they may be, they will always have a place in our heart that links us to our awesome childhoods. Here are a couple of throwback toys to remind you of “the good ole days”.

Furby

These were so cute and fun to play with until you felt like they were watching you at night as you slept. Gives me the shivers just thinking about it.

Easy-Bake Oven

Things always took way too long to make so you just ended up eating the dough. Easy Bake Oven? Yeah right.

Beanie Babies

If you didn’t have one of these, or a thousand, you’re lying. This was a childhood staple. Beanie Babies are life.

Polly Pockets

Polly Pockets were miniature Barbies but if you had them you would know that they were awesome. 

Gameboy

You know you’re a true 90s kid when you had to blow on the game to get it to work right. 

Nerf Guns

These were super fun until you were out of ammo and had to pick them all back up.

Hot Wheels

Don’t worry. We miss them too. Vroom Vroom.

Sky Dancers

These were basically flying Barbies.

Nintendo 64

My how time flies. Now we have Xbox 1 and Playstation 4 which are probably 100x faster than this old guy. 

Although us 90’s kids are becoming all grown up now, these toys bring us back to our childhood. All those nights playing outside until the street lights came on and playing dress up with the dolls were some of the best days. If only we could go back again and do it all over…

Hello! My name is Elizabeth Jacobson, but most people call me Liz for short. I am a sophomore this year at UW-Stout to get my Bachelors degree in Business Administration. I plan to have an emphasis in entrepreneurship so that after college I can pursue my dreams of owning my own store. I have a passion for writing. I love new ideas, meeting new people, and exploring different things in life. 
Her Campus at UW-Stout