This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Leaving high school you are either feeling one of two ways or maybe a mix of both!

1.)    You can’t wait to get the heck out of there.

2.)    You get super emotional when you get your cap and gown and you can’t get over the tears, almost as if you don’t want to move on into the “real world”.

Personally, I couldn’t wait to start my new life off at college an hour and a half away. With new adventures and people who don’t know everything about you. College seems like a new beginning. A new leaf to uncover.

When the bells rang and everyone left the building I felt free, but more importantly, I felt independent. It was time to start looking for a new bedspread and dorm décor. I was so hyped to start anew.

Of course there are the feelings of stress and anxiety but that comes with every new endeavor. What will the classes be like? Will I make any friends? And more importantly, I hope my roommate isn’t a crazy monster.

Though the transition is different for everyone, not stressing will make it go the smoothest. The next four (plus) years will be amazing only if you put your mind into it and stay positive. What you get out of this experience is what you put into it.

Remember, every freshmen is going through the same thing.

“What is success? I think it is a mixture of having a flair for the thing that you are doing; knowing that it is not enough, that you have got to have hard work and a certain sense of purpose.” – Margaret Thatcher

Hannah is currently a freshmen at the University of Wisconsin - Stout. She is studying Business Administration. Along with Her Campus, she enjoys sand volleyball, Netflix, and cats. 
Her Campus at UW-Stout