Men are Starting To Wear Makeup And It Is Great

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Ever since I was young, I have always wondered why women wore makeup to cover up a zit or blemish and filled in their eyebrows while men never even washed their face. The social stigmas against men wearing makeup are overwhelmingly old-fashioned. There is some new buzz going around about straight men wearing makeup lately, and personally, I am in full support. Drag queens and gay men have been slowly introducing men with makeup to the world for some time now, but apparently, there are straight men who wanted in on the fun as well, and frankly, I don’t blame them. 

What many people don’t realize, is that male celebrities have been wearing makeup for decades now, and no one shames them for it. Basically, everyone you see on television most likely had someone dab some foundation and blush on them before they went on screen. It’s not unheard of. However, when it comes to people living their day to day life, it is frowned upon.

Men wearing makeup is becoming a hot topic recently, as more men are feeling comfortable either expressing themselves through makeup or using a little foundation or mascara to enhance their features. If you are interested in learning more, the channel Tonic discussed men wearing makeup and the controversy behind the topic. 

Katie is a student at UW-Stout majoring in Professional Communications and Emerging Media. Her hobbies including cuddling with her Golden Retriever, Dante, watching Netflix in her bathrobe, and of course, writing! 
Her Campus at UW-Stout