Hair Color Ideas to Ring in the New Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

It seems like 2015 came and went in the blink of an eye. It’s also that time of the year again where New Year’s resolutions are being made, with some more realistic than others. Why not start the New Year off with a fresh new look that will have you looking stylish and fabulous all year long? Here are 10 awesome hair colors that will help inspire and transform your 2016 year!

1. Purpella

Whether you rock a pastel or bright and bold look, purple can really stand out. This new color has been popping up everywhere and becoming a must-have fashion statement. If you want to take your hair to the next level, consider transforming into the ultimate beauty: Princess Purpella.

2. Sexy Ombre

It’s no shock that this beautiful ombre hair is becoming extremely trendy. Not only can this look be very elegant, it gives the hair interest and can really balance out your face structure. Now is the perfect time to try out the sexy ombre look so you can look absolutely fabulous all year!

3.       Golden Blonde Goddess

The sun-kissed, golden tan look has been a trend for many years, so why not compliment it with a new hair color that will have you looking supermodel-ready every day! After all, blondes have more fun!

4. Red Hot Hair

Nothing says bold, sexy, and furiously fabulous as red hair. No matter if you like bright red hot hair or cooled down with a more mauve color, red hair is sure to be a show-stopper. Red hair can be hard to maintain but it is definitely worth the hassle!

5. Copper Madness

It’s not often you find copper hair, but when you see it hit the sun, it’s absolutely stunning. However, it’s not a very common color. Sometimes copper can be confused with ginger, but there is quite a difference if you look closely.

6. Silver Star

If you’re looking for a new and fresh look that will start your year off fabulously, look toward the fast-growing trend of silver hair. This new color is subtle yet stunning. Silver is so simply elegant and gorgeous and it’s the perfect color to kickstart the new year.

7. Subtle Rose Gold

A color that is sure to catch a lot of attention is rose gold. Much of the inspiration came from the release of the Apple iPhone’s rose gold color. This color has a subtle, beautiful blend of rosy pink and gold that catches the light.

8. Rainbow Blast

If you are one that cannot decide on one color or simply love having bright or pastel colorful hair, then rainbow hair is the perfect way to go. No matter what style you like or colors you choose, rainbow colors can be a perfect hair color to start your new year off with an amazing bold new look.

9. The Dark Hair (Knight) Rises

Whether you prefer dark brown or even black hair, you can become a dark haired beauty. The dark rich color gives an edgy look that will really give a powerful boost to your self-esteem. This color radiates elegance and edginess all in one. Give your new year a punch of beauty power!

10.  Colorful Roots

If you’re not into coloring all of your hair and want to try out a new look, consider colorful roots. It still looks beautiful and red carpet-ready and you won’t have to hassle with coloring all of your hair! Be bold and begin your new year daringly.

So no matter what color, style, or length you prefer, start your new year feeling and looking fresh. Treat yourself and love yourself, after all, it’s a brand new year.

Hello! My name is Elizabeth Jacobson, but most people call me Liz for short. I am a sophomore this year at UW-Stout to get my Bachelors degree in Business Administration. I plan to have an emphasis in entrepreneurship so that after college I can pursue my dreams of owning my own store. I have a passion for writing. I love new ideas, meeting new people, and exploring different things in life. 
Her Campus at UW-Stout