This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

The other day, I decided to go to the UW-Stout bookstore to parooze around. Much to my pleasure, they happen to have a kiosk at the front of the store with a plethora of E.L.F makeup products. So, I spent my time there, getting a replacement for some makeup that I was out of and also a few new items that I could add to my morning routine. The one new thing that I have been ranting and raving about for the past week has been the Mineral Infused Face Primer. 

Now, some of you might be asking what a face primer is. Let me explain. Face primer is to be used on your face before you put any makeup on. It creates a base for your foundation and, in my words, makes your foundation look flawless and smooth. The only primer that I’ve ever used is the aqua mist – and let me tell you that I think this is a much better and shows much better results. 

You can get it in several different colors – all of which have a different function. 

Pink: Poreless Face Primer works on making your face flawless and is perfect for long lasting application to make your face glow.

Blue: Soothing Primer works to help calm your skin. 

Light Blue: Hydrating Face Primer works to boost your complexion and also to hydrate your face beneath your makeup so you don’t end up with dry skin.

Green: Blemish Control Face Primer helps to control your blemishes and make your makeup look smooth. 

Orange: Illuminating Face Primer helps to illuminate your makeup to make you glow. 

I personally only own the white bottle. What I have noticed with it is that it helps to make my face smooth, which you can also feel after your makeup is applied. I wear it and I caress my cheek nonchalantly throughout the day just to feel my baby-soft skin. Something that I’ve also done is applied a small amount to my face even if I’m not wearing makeup. I do have dry skin (especially in these gross winter months) and I noticed by applying the small dollop that my face isn’t as dry and I don’t have to apply lotion as often as I normally would. 

This is one of the best investments that I’ve made as far as makeup goes and I definitely recommend it – whether you use makeup or not. It’s something that I’m glad I included into my face routine. It’s also really affordable, as E.L.F usually is, and the small bottle is $6.00 while a large is $10.00 in each color. Another pro to this product!

I like cats, the Green Bay Packers, and One Direction. That's about it.
Her Campus at UW-Stout