diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

7 Tips To Stay on Top of Your Game

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

College is nuts. Students can go crazy from trying to balance a social life, romance, family, academics, clubs, work, etc. It is no wonder why we are always on edge. But the old saying is true: cluttered life, cluttered mind. In order to balance the seemingly impossible, you have to get your shit together. I don’t mean just showing up to class every day; that should be a given. I mean really beginning anew and starting some good habits. Here are some ways that you can start the spring cleaning of your life:

1. Keep a Planner and Write Down Everything

And I mean everything. Homework, a date with your boyfriend, weekend plans, due dates a month in advance, everything. There is no such thing as TMI when you are writing in a planner. I promise if you use it right, it will save your life.

2. Keep Your Room Clean Not trying to sound like your mother, but with a clean room, you will feel so much better. Cluttered rooms tend to make our minds cluttered and distracted. Take time to vacuum, dust, and organize your space. 

3. Pick Out Your Clothes for the Next Day

When you have to wake up much too early for that 8 a.m., you will thank me. It feels so good going to sleep while knowing that you have everything planned out.

4. Develop a Good Skin Care Routine

With great stress, comes bad skin, and your skin doesn’t deserve that. Develop a skin care routine that works for you and your skin. And a little tip: don’t clog your pores with foundation every day. 

5. Make Sure You Bring a Water Bottle With You Every Day

I cannot stress how important drinking enough water is. Not only will it clear up and hydrate your skin, but it will make you feel better and look better. If you want to shake up your water game, toss some cucumbers, oranges, or other fruit in there. 

6. Take Time Every Day to do What You Want

Whether it is doing yoga, watching Netflix, or going out with friends, you need time to do what you want. It is healthy for you to set aside some extra time to relax and unwind. 

7. Get Your Stuff Done at the Beginning of the Week 

You will feel so proud of yourself for getting all your homework done before Friday. Imagine having a weekend to actually enjoy yourself! 

If you are having trouble keeping track of homework, breaking out at the wrong time, or just stressing in general, follow these key tips. You will feel so good about yourself and you will have a grip on your life! 

Katie is a student at UW-Stout majoring in Professional Communications and Emerging Media. Her hobbies including cuddling with her Golden Retriever, Dante, watching Netflix in her bathrobe, and of course, writing! 
Her Campus at UW-Stout