This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Y’all, I have so many favorites when it comes to makeup and just keep finding more, but if I had to narrow it down to my top five items I use just about every day, it would be these.  These products are pretty much just my basics I’ll use if I don’t feel like doing a full-on look.  BTW, I’m a very pale girl with light blue eyes and lightish brown/strawberry blonde hair, so some of these products are based on that.

1. Maybelline Volum’ Express The Colossal Mascara

This mascara is my absolute favorite thing in my bag. This works so well for your first couple layers of mascara to define and darken the lashes and if you want a more dramatic look, you can add another layer with a thicker formula.

2. Gimme Brow+ Volumizing Eyebrow Gel Color 3

With light skin and hair comes nearly invisible brows. Gimme Brow+ not only colors my blonde brow hairs to match my hair, it has small fibers that fill in the spots I may or may not have pulled out due to stress. Even though it’s a bit more expensive, the formula makes this better because others don’t fully dry for a long time, making them easily smudged.

3. NYX Epic Ink Liner

This liner has a point that is super sharp to make your wings crazy precise. I prefer really black eyeliner to contrast my skin and light eyes so they can pop and this gets the job done. The tip is sort of fibrous rather than felt, so it glides much easier.

4. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter in Champagne Pop

I got this as a reward at Sephora, so it’s just a small version of the original, but it will last a very long time because a little goes such a long way. It can be difficult to find a highlighter that actually shows up well on fair skin, but this can give you a really great sun-kissed look!

5. IT Airbrush Brow/Lash Styler #118

I don’t use the bristles side of this so much as I do the metal comb side. I can’t help but sit with a magnifying mirror after I do my mascara and separate every lash until they are just right, and the metal prongs are perfect for just that. Every plastic comb I’ve had completely falls apart after a while and the outside bristles are too bulky to actually do anything, so this one is great all around.

Allison Garrett

UW Stout '19

I'm just here doing my best
Her Campus at UW-Stout