3 Night-To-Day Hairstyle Tricks Every Girl Should Know

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

We’ve all learned how to turn the beautiful, elegant, put together hairstyles into a more loose and effortless look, but do you know how to do the reverse? As a college girl constantly on the go, messy hairstyles are my usual go-to look, but knowing a few tips and tricks can help you return that edgy updo back into a professional “interview ready” look. You can be looking red carpet ready in no time at all!

The Pancake Braid            

This first hairstyle is a trending new style. This new take on the classic side braid has everyone talking. Start by pulling all of the hair to one side and pulling the edges to make the braid bigger and more voluminous: the hairstyle transforms itself from dull to beautifully effortless. For those who are in need of a quick new do, start with the braid itself and wrap the braid around the pony tail creating a braided bun. Secure the bun with bobby pins that match your hair color and be sure to hide them! Lightly spray with a light-hold hairspray for a complete elegant braided side bun! (Style Saving Tip: Place the bumpy side of the bobby pin against your scalp to lock in your awesome hairstyle! For extra strength bobby pins, spritz some hairspray onto the bobby pin before placing it in your hair!)

Curly Hun Hairstyle

This hairstyle has been around for many years but with a new twist this year. Literally. Begin by curling your hair (either ringlet curls or beachy waves, whatever you prefer) and pull up half of your hair. Then secure with an elastic or a pony tail and begin to twist the hair until you reach the bottom and begin to create a bun with the top section of hair and secure it! To transform back into a “day-time” look, take the bottom half of your hair that was untouched and pull it into a pony tail at the base of the top bun and again like the top piece, twist the hair and then wrap it into a bun directly beneath the top bun. At this point you can bobby pin or hairspray and stray pieces or fly-aways for a neat and tidy look.

Straight Off the Beach 

An extremely popular trend that has been popping up worldwide is the new effortless beachy/sexy waves. No matter if you are heading to the beach or off to work, this look will be sure to get you a double take! You can start this awesome hairstyle by curling your hair and leaving at least 1-2 inches at the bottom straight. (Style Saving Tip: To perfect these beachy curls, start curling your hair in the middle and leave the top part and bottom ends straight. This will also create volume at the end!) When you’ve finished curling, you can either add in your favorite beach spray or sea salt spray or finish off with a light-hold hairspray. To add volume to your hair, flip your hair over and run your fingers through and shake! When you flip your hair back up you will be looking front page Covergirl Magazine ready! To take this hairstyle down a notch, try parting your hair to one side and take a 1-2 inch section at the front of your hair from the smaller part and pull it straight behind your ear. For maximum hold you can either bobby pin the hair behind or hairspray it down and voila! 

Hello! My name is Elizabeth Jacobson, but most people call me Liz for short. I am a sophomore this year at UW-Stout to get my Bachelors degree in Business Administration. I plan to have an emphasis in entrepreneurship so that after college I can pursue my dreams of owning my own store. I have a passion for writing. I love new ideas, meeting new people, and exploring different things in life. 
Her Campus at UW-Stout