This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

Spring represents a time when nature is suspended between two opposing forces: summer and winter, lightness and darkness. The days are getting longer and the nights are getting shorter. The power of the sun is increasing. The earth is blooming, awakening, and generating new life. For this reason, many religions see this season as time when humans, like the earth, must work to bring positive change into our lives. With the stresses of the end of the semester quickly approaching, its important to make time to focus on the self. Find some place warm in the sun, read through this list of quotes, focus on the energy of renewal, and smile.

“A person experiences life as something separate from the rest – a kind of optical delusion of consciousness. Our task must be to free ourselves from this self-imposed prison, and, through compassion, find the reality of Oneness” Albert Einstein

“You are waterI’m waterWe’re all water in different containersThat’s why its so easy to meetSomeday we’ll evaporate together” Yoko Ono

“We dance around in a ring and suppose,but the secret sits in the middle and knows.” Robert Frost

“The universe is not outside of you.Look inside yourself;Everything that you want,You are already that.” Rumi

“And the fish swim in the lakeAnd do not even own clothing.” Ezra Pound

“Be aware of the place where you are brought to tears.” Paulo Coelho

“What was said to the rose that made it open Was said to me here in my chest” Rumi

“All you have to do is contemplate a single grain of sand, and you will see in it all the marvels of creation. Because a grain of sand is a moment of creation, and the universe has taken millions of years to create it.” Paulo Coelho

“To believe in your own thought, to believe that what is true for you in your private heart is true for all men – that is genius” Henry David Thoreau

“Use your breath for something wonderful and recreate the patter of the universe everywhere you go.” Sobonfu Some

Hello Folks! My name is Erin and I am senior at UWL majoring in English Education. Music and writing are my passions. I have been to over fifty concerts in my life and I have worn the same beat up old converse to every single one. My outlook on the world tends to be a little off the beaten path, but I hope you enjoy my perspective!