This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

Name: Evan Nolan

Year: Senior

Hometown: Plymouth, MN

Major/Minor: Business Management  /  Sustainable Business 

How would you describe yourself in three words?

E: Flamboyant, quirky, and free-spirited. 

What makes you smile?

E: A cold beer on a hot summer day; a delicious home cooked dinner; a cup of coffee; some good music; a sunrise.

What quote/motto do you live by?

E: 1 Corinthians 13:13

If you could have dinner with one person, living or dead, who would you choose and why?

E: Barrack Obama because I want to know three things. (1) When did he know he wanted to run for president/why did he want to run for president? (2) I want to know everything he could tell me about his rise to infamous power and his experiences in the office while balancing a family life (3) Lastly, I want to know what he believes kids age 21-23 should be doing right now to solve the most difficult problems facing our society today. 

Where would you live if you were to move right now?

E: New Zealand, because I love the outdoors and they have the #1 economy to start a business. 

What are your pet peeves?

E: Loud chewers, people who sneeze into their hands, and anti-vazzers.

What would you love to learn before you die?

E: How the woman’s mind works.

What age would you stay at forever if you could?

E: 28. You’re at the age where you can afford stuff, but still aren’t that old. Or maybe 72….you could walk out of your house any moment naked. 

If you could give your younger self advice what would it be?

E: Say yes to as many things as you can, but know your limitations.

Is your life what you expected it to be from say 5-7 years ago? What would you change?

E: It’s definitely not what I expected, however it’s exactly what it’s supposed to be.

Why did you choose University of La Crosse?

E: I didn’t….it chose me. 

How are you involved on campus?

E: I am currently a student senator representing the college of business administration, I work as a peer tutor for the office of multicultural student services, I sit on the joint planning and budget comittee, as well as the joint comittee for environmental sustainability, and the ad hoc housing comittee. I also am actively involved with Roncalli Newman Church and The Salvation Army.