Meet the Queen of Tea!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

Meet Jaliyah Wesley – probably the shyest but most caring person you’ll meet on campus. And if you need any celebrity tea, you know she’s got it. Check out my interview with her below!

Name: J-Dubb … Jaliyah Wesley

Year in school: 2nd year

Major: Psychology

Minor: At-risk Child and Youth

Hometown: Milwaukee, WI

PGPs: She/Her/Hers

Jas: Do you have any nicknames? 

J: Leelee or um … J-dubb [laughs]. That’s my nickname for myself; I call myself that—don’t nobody else call me that.

Jas: Are you involved in anything on campus?

J: Black Student Unity … That’s it [laughs].

Jas: What is your favorite thing about UW-La Crosse?

J: Um … I think the resources for minorities and the academics, as well.

Jas: What are some of your favorite things to do?

J: Um … I like working out, singing, and I love … I won’t say love, but I like being on social media, you know catching all the tea [laughs]. And I like online shopping; I think I’m obsessed with it.

Jas: If you could do anything in the world as a career, what would it be?

J: Hm … [rubs chin] … That’s a very hard question. I would say a singer. I always wanted to be a singer as a child; I just never pursued it, but I want to be like Beyonce or someone close to her.

Jas: Do you have a favorite type of music or artist you listen too?

J: I like a lot of artists, so this question is always hard. I listen to a lot of R&B. Right now, I’ve really been feeling Rihanna’s new album, also K. Michelle–her new album nice.

Jas: Do you have a favorite food?

J: Hm… I like a lot of food but at the same time I don’t like a lot of food. I would have to say cheeseburgers. I could literally eat one every day. Yeah, cheeseburger and fries.

Jas: What does your ideal day off look like?

J: Ideal day off … laying around all day, probably on social media or watching movies on Netflix and stuff, because I surely don’t try to do no homework.

Jas: If you could choose one word to describe your life so far, what would it be and why?

J: Oooo … Mm … What’s one word for like … Rollercoaster … because it’s been full of ups and downs as far as school and personal issues but … yeah.

Jas: What do you look for in a partner?

J: [smiles] Hm … that’s interesting. First of all he has to be attractive, obviously has to be loyal … intimacy and affection … well no, don’t say that, because I don’t even show affection [laughs] … I’m forgetting something that’s important. I know it, I just can’t think. Just a loving, caring person, open-minded and smart.

Jas: What was the coolest thing you’ve ever done before?

J: The coolest thing I’ve ever done was zip lining, that was fun. I want to do it again but nobody wants to do it with me—so I’m going to have to do it by myself. I did it in Lake Geneva when we went on a field trip in middle school, but it was fun.

Jas: What’s something no one knows about you?

J: Hm … I would say I think I’m an emotional person but I kind of hide it very well. At least I think I do.

Jas: What are you most afraid of?

J: I’m most afraid of, let’s see … failing and not …  I’m most afraid of not accomplishing my goals, like graduating school and finding a career that I am happy with.

Jas: What are you most likely doing on a Friday night?

J: I’m most likely watching TV or watching a movie or talking to Melissa and Taylor about stuff.

Jas: What’s the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for you?

J: [Makes stank face] Don’t nobody do no sweet s*** for me. Nah, uh … That’s sad; I can’t think of nothing. [Laughs] But … my 1st boyfriend … I don’t know, mmm … I don’t know if that’s considered … Wow, I got to think about this …. Ok, I guess this is considered sweet: My first boyfriend when I was in the hospital stayed with me all three days.

Jas: Describe yourself in 3 words.

J: Indecisive, Caring and Lovable

Jas: What’s your favorite catch phrase?

J: You live and you learn.

Thanks for the interview J-dubbbbbbb; it was so fun! Make sure ya’ll say wassup!