etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

Recently, as this semester (and school year) draws to a close, I’ve been thinking about plans. As many of us are, I’m a plan-oriented person, especially when it comes to the future. Being halfway through completing my college education, full-blown adulthood feels as though it’s approaching at record speeds. Why does it all have to fly by so fast? I’m not ready…or so I thought.

We are tougher than we think. YOU are tougher than you think you are. Recently, I’ve tried to abide by the mindset of a fish—go with the flow. Surrender all plans, and just be. And I’m so content.

I’ve found that within this season of my life, I’ve been challenged in new ways. Welcoming these challenges with a positive attitude is hard—but so worth it. It shines light to others in dark times—whether your own darkness, or others’.

Nothing has been more difficult than surrendering my plans to a greater one. At the end of the day, I know this joy from living in the moment will bring utmost fulfillment into my life. So, try not to stress about the exam, or graduation, or that future career. Be like a fish and just keep swimming. The current will carry you where you’re meant to go.

Just an English major and barista who loves to travel, hammock, and pet dogs. Psalm 46:5.