9 Things Wisconsinites Look Forward to Each Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

It is simply socially unacceptable not to like fall in Wisconsin. Try to argue with a Wisconsinite that any other season is the best season and you will get a dirty look followed by a pumpkin flavor-filled speech that looks something like this…

Here lies a list of 9 things to look forward to this fall and 9 reasons why Wisconsinites will tell you fall is the best season…

1. Pumpkin flavored everything. I’m not really sure why, but once summer turns fall pumpkin fever spreads like the plague. It must be something in the cool fall breeze that everyone loves so much. Pumpkin flavored lattes, pumpkin flavored bread, pumpkin flavored ice cream, pumpkin pie—anything that’s edible, you can bet there’s a pumpkin flavored special edition for it in the fall.

2. The not too hot, not too cold weatherThis one is debatable; there is a very real frustration with having to dress warmer in the morning only to find that it’s 10 degrees warmer when you get out of class at noon. Nonetheless, fall really does have the perfect weather. There is really no such thing as sweat or goose bumps—it’s the best of both worlds. 

3. Oktoberfest. This may strictly be evident to La Crosse, but Oktoberfest is definitely under the top 5 reasons to be excited for fall. (Other than the endless amounts of beer and good times) Oktoberfest is a community-wide celebration with friends, and you can’t help but smile and be happy. You can count on some of your best memories coming from this weeklong party!

4. Apple/Pumpkin-picking. There’s something about a sweet date with your SO or girlfriends to the pumpkin patch or apple orchard that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. The beautiful landscape, especially around the La Crosse bluffs, is enchanting, and you can’t help but get swept away in the atmosphere.

5. Fall clothes. A new season means a new wardrobe for most of us! Girls need variety. After awhile, our summer clothes become repetitive, and we long for our black leggings, oversized sweaters and cute booties.

6. Cuddle weather—a girl’s ultimate weakness. Cold weather calls for hot chocolate and your SO wrapped up with you in a heap of blankets. What more could you ask for?

7. Halloween. Hocus Pocus, scary movies, overpriced candy, themed costumes—it’s just all so, so good.

8. Thanksgiving. AKA THE FOOD. Besides pumpkin flavored everything, there is an abundance of warm, delicious casseroles and baked goods–everything from apple crisp to grandma’s rotisserie chicken! I mean, a girl’s gotta eat.

9. Football (Packer) season. If there’s any fan base more loyal to their football team than Wisconsin, I would be very surprised. I think football is the one thing people in Wisconsin go more crazier over than pumpkin flavored lattes. Saturday night football and Sunday night football and Monday night football…99 percent of Wisconsin lives for fall season.

If these 9 reasons haven’t convinced you that fall is the best season, then I’m not exactly sure what will. Just don’t try to argue otherwise with a Packer fan! 

Kasey is a UW-La Crosse collegiate, aspiring writer, and Campus Correspondent of the HC UW-Lax team. You can follow her on Pinterest @kaseyluo, Instagram @kaseylovergaard, and Twitter @kaseyLuO