8 Things to do With Your Family in La Crosse

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

It’s family weekend here in La Crosse, and while you may find it fun hanging out in your dorm room or apartment with your friends, it’s not exactly the ideal spot for a reunion with your parents and family. If you’re struggling for things to do with your family, follow this list of activities and make the most of your time together!

1. Visit the bluffs. Staples to visitors—the bluffs are the epitome of tourist locations in the La Crosse area. Hike or drive up Grandad Bluff to enjoy a beautiful view of UW-La Crosse and the rest the city.

2. UW-L football. Spend the afternoon cheering on the UW-L Eagles football team against UW-Eau Claire at 11:30am Saturday, Oct. 17.

3. Ice Cream or Hot Coco at The Pearl. Another staple of La Crosse, The Pearl isn’t just home to amazing ice cream. Warm up with either some hot coco or coffee here after the game!

4. Riverside Park. While you’re downtown, take a stroll along the river. The colorful scenery makes this walk ten times prettier in the fall.

5. Go out to eat downtown. Dublin Square, The Breakfast Club, and The Old Crow—you can’t go wrong with dinner downtown!

7. The La Crosse Queen or Mississippi Explorer boat cruises. Bundle up and take a tour down the Mississippi River on one of La Crosse’s boat cruises.

8. Valley View Mall. Let your parents spoil you at the Onalaska mall. It’s a great way to pass time and catch up (while taking advantage of the shopping, he he)!

Family is important, so give them a hug and make the most of the little time you have together this weekend!

Kasey is a UW-La Crosse collegiate, aspiring writer, and Campus Correspondent of the HC UW-Lax team. You can follow her on Pinterest @kaseyluo, Instagram @kaseylovergaard, and Twitter @kaseyLuO