5 Ways to Get Motivated for the Rest of the Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

With only about six weeks left of the semester, our brains are ready to go back on vacation mode.  If anything, spring break has already left me more unproductive than before! With the weather getting nice, seeing students roam around campus and the grass get greener, it’s hard to focus.  Tune in to our tips to power through the rest of the semester.

1. Set Goals:  Yes, this is an easy and almost cliché piece of advice, but it’s very effective.  Try setting daily goals (write them down!) and make sure you accomplish them by the end of the day.  Crossing things off on a physical list can actually help relieve stress! You’ll feel accomplished and get your school work done.

2. Make Lists:  Make a list of everything you need to get done for the rest of the semester.  Mid-semester is always loaded with group projects and second exams.  Write down the due dates and make a schedule of what needs to be done and when.  Take the initiative and go to the library or ask someone in class to meet up.  Not only will you be improving your social relationships, but you’ll get your work done in an easier, fun way!

3. Take time for yourself:  Obviously it’s good to get your work done, but we all need a break sometimes.  I feel it’s more effective to take short breaks than to bulldoze through work, work and more work.  Eat a snack or go to the gym for an hour. Your body and mind will thank you later!

4. Do some spring cleaning:  Taking a break to clean out your closet, desk or backpack will guarantee you a fresh mindset.  Throwing out papers from first semester always makes me feel better!  With a cleaner space you’ll have a cleaner mind.  Having a neat work environment will hopefully help relieve your stress.

5. Make a change to your routine:  Set a goal outside of school to accomplish or pursue.  Make it a goal or activity that makes you excited and look forward to it.  Discipline yourself and the weeks will fly by.