5 Uplifting Videos to Give You Perspective

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

It’s so easy for myself and a majority of other college girls out there to get stuck in the mindset of not feeling good enough. Whether that be not feeling pretty enough, funny enough, or important enough for other people. It’s such a tough thing to get through and try to get past, especially if you find yourself not doing as well on an exam that you studied all week for, not feeling like you fit in with your peers or feeling like you don’t fit in to this image that society has of us. I just want all of you to know that you are not alone in this matter. I’m here to tell you that you all are pretty enough and smart enough and important and there are ways to get past these awful, negative feelings that you are having. Reading quotes on pinterest or on Tumblr really helps me by giving myself a different perspective on life and helps me see the more positive things in life when I’m feeling down on myself. Besides reading quotes, I also like to watch videos on YouTube. These are a few videos that really help keep me grounded when I find myself getting caught up in things that don’t matter, like popularity, being “pretty” and social media. I hope you all can get something from these videos and live a more positive life! :-)

1. HOW TO BE PRETTY

2. FAKING IT

3. HOW TO BE POPULAR

4. JUST BE YOU AND LIVE ORIGINAL

5. WHY I QUIT SOCIAL MEDIA

Sarah Mueller is a senior majoring in Organizational and Professional Communication and minoring in Professional Writing. She loves to write, run, and do yoga in her free time. Follow her on instagram: sarah_muelller