Wellness > Sex + Relationships

You Want Flowers But You Don’t Want to Say You Want Flowers.

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVM chapter.

By: Spencer Cruz Brown

In recent years, it seems giving flowers has become considerably more rare. Receiving flowers is undoubtedly a pleasant surprise—even a simple dandelion can mean the most from someone you care about. Skyzoo’s song “Bodega Flowers” is flooding my Tik Tok “For You Page” and perfectly illustrates how most people are feeling about this “I want flowers, but I don’t wanna tell you I want flowers

‘Cause then you just gon’ get me flowers ’cause I want flowers

But I want you to gimme flowers ’cause you wanna gimme flowers

I shouldn’t have to tell you how much I want flowers (Yo)” 

Whether it’s from a significant other or your mom, everyone appreciates the thoughtful gift of sending flowers.

Ready to revive this lovely tradition? 

Here are the top 6 places to pick up some flowers in Burlington and beyond!

1. Trader Joe’s 

200 Dorset St, South Burlington, VT 05403

lYeLZwr6DZJSu7aiTaqFxKL7tcRNjvRJ ScI7sHMVQS3WwTSvTXycEVrc08DJIZIFnoQN5qyGHwKp7DxgJb3OGb 0aLH45n2YKQ9CIzgnba6PPPvKYJHsl75F7nrRhUKKu5hJGJz

Flowers can get pricey, but don’t let that scare you! One budget friendly option is the phenomenal Trader Joe’s. TJ’s has amazing bouquets and succulents that won’t leave your wallet hurting. They even have themed packaging for upcoming holidays (perfect for valentines day!). Trader Joe’s is a go-to of mine; my most recent pick-up was only $4.99!

2. Burlington Farmers Market

345 Pine Street, Burlington, VT 05401

May 7 – October 29, 2022  |  9:00am-2:00pm

16DSnt XNTPr2jY13VtadfeUgfd8O7PK lduldLC LRgI6Gwqve7jKXqw4rzrVIZqe2OI4ISBF

Although this is a seasonal option, Burlington Farmers Market is a great spot to pick up flowers along with a variety of other goodies from local vendors! Take the opportunity to get outside and pick up something beautiful.

3. Chappell’s Florist 

1437 Williston Rd, Burlington, VT 05401

ITTNvHjviiqG6fpJxlVjxzCkVOMHSS52jdp o dG UQacnTDa1oibpf0apuMaXGpPrG4

Another amazing choice is Chappell’s Florist! I personally have received flowers from Chappell’s so I can vouch for their beauty and quality. Their bouquets are a little pricier compared to the options above, but most come with a fun vase to spice it up. The bouquet I received is their “So Happy Bouquet” which comes in a smiley face mug. It definitely livened up my room (we all know the dorms could use it) and put a smile on my face!

4. Fresh Send

**Online only

p9YnF8iCmdNe34Xt2ijx xIOj 0eJH

I stumbled across Fresh Send on my social media and I’ve been thinking about it ever since. Fresh Send is an online shop, so unfortunately this won’t work if you’re scrambling on your way to meet a friend for their birthday. As a unique twist,  Fresh Send has only one option for a bouquet which changes daily to ensure you are receiving the freshest flowers. Although not being able to select the bouquet yourself isn’t ideal, the flowers are lovely and the packaging is what really draws you in. The bouquet comes wrapped in adorable paper and a box that reads “you get flowers today.” These flowers really have me wondering “is it weird to send flowers to myself?”.

5. BloomsyBox

**Online only

QezF1Z5oZWy

This option is really great if you’re looking to do something a bit more outside-the-box. Along with beautiful, classic looking bouquets, BloomsyBox also offers “Dry Preserved Flower Bouquets.” These bouquets are stunning, one of a kind and will literally last forever. You really get a bang for your buck with BloomsyBox. These bouquets last significantly longer than similarly priced ones— Fresh Send and Chappells. Definitely a great option for someone who prefers something a little spunky and non-traditional. 

#6 Unwilted

**Online only

MRz0NGsa5h4yXf3DULovVb2pkdGAGKKyiNYd3Ynd4xKZT7yAvS 8nCFulfo2DtoVX2BnPhdm40I1WvJ3JsmUIoaIgP SYy3dysvOcvKsWqO96V4Yq26JD1eHKza9OliKU8Sbhi2

This last option is a little different from the rest. Unwilted produces bouquets made completely from Italian crepe paper. Although these aren’t living flowers, they are just as gorgeous and are another long-lasting option. These bouquets are perfect for someone who may be allergic to pollen because they’re hypoallergenic! Each petal and leaf is hand-cut and the flowers look so realistic. There is a large variety of eye-catching options which are sure to make someone’s day. These flowers are the most expensive so be sure to choose your bouquet carefully and get them for someone who will truly appreciate the craftsmanship. 

If you’re reading this, go get someone flowers. 

** Edited by: Isabella Persky

Spencer is a Public Communication major at the University of Vermont from Massachusetts. She is passionate about fashion and pop culture.