This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVM chapter.

Spring fashion has officially arrived. Coming off a long and cold winter stuck inside we are finally getting the opportunity to flex our fashion muscles and dive into the best new trends for S/S 2021. This season the old rules no longer apply and we are being hit with the much-needed expression of bold colors and patterns, allowing us to step outside our comfort zone and look at what the fashion world has in store for us. While I am quite literally obsessed with everything fashion week had to offer, I managed to come up with five of my favorite trends for this season.

Bubblegum Pink 

This color is coming back and with force. It was spotted all over the S/S runways and has already found itself in the closets of some of my favorite fashion inspirations. It is the much-needed departure away from our tried and true neutrals. Whether you want to go all out with color blocking this season or just want to add a pop of color to your fit, bubblegum pink is your new best friend.

White Knee-High Boots

Bringing it back to the 60s with some gogo-inspired boots these are the perfect addition to your spring wardrobe. If you are looking for an effortless vibe you can’t go wrong with the classic slouchy style or you might opt for a sleek and tight fit for a more clean-cut look.

Cut-Outs 

This is the perfect way to reference some of your favorite runway designers in your everyday life. A dainty cut-out on your tops, dresses, pants (you name it) will easily add an unexpected detail to your outfit. For more inspo check out this thread of cut-out tops!

Shear 

This season is bringing a wide range of new ways to explore sheer clothing. Whether you want to go for the classic second skin top with a 70s inspired pattern, layer over your bikinis and mini dresses or simply wear under an oversized blazer there’s space for everyone to embrace sheer this spring.

Wide Leg Pants

Thankfully wide-leg pants and jeans are not going anywhere this fashion season. Teamed with a delicate crop top or a retro t-shirt you truly cannot go wrong. Flattering on everyone this is one of the easiest trends to incorporate into your wardrobe this season.

Honorable Mentions

I could not forgo mentioning some of the best mini trends that we have seen pop up in the recent months for spring/summer. If you are looking for a smaller way to incorporate new trends into your life here are some of my all-time favs: bulky rings, nail art, barbie clogs, and I’d be remiss if I did not throw in a mask trend as well. Two of the other big trends we are seeing this season are silk everything and pastel colors. While none of us love wearing a mask, it does allow us the chance to add a little something extra to your outfit while we are out and about. Wearing a pastel silk mask will hopefully make the experience a little more luxurious.

The change in season is not only bringing us amazing new fashion trends, but also the long-awaited relief of some warm weather and a look to the brighter days ahead. And if there has been one thing that being stuck in lockdown has taught us, it’s that personal style never goes away. So no matter what the coming months have to offer us, fashion lovers alike still have the opportunity to get dressed and toast to the joys of fashion.

<3

Edited by Grace Willean 

Hi, I'm Emma! I am a Senior at the University of Vermont, studying Public Communications and Applied Design. I have always been very passionate about the fashion and lifestyle industry!
I am a senior Public Communication student at the University of Vermont. I am passionate about public relations and brand communications within the fashion and lifestyle industry.