Oreos
Oreos
Torey Walsh / Spoon

The Top 5 Best Dining Hall Deserts and Where You Can Find Them

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Every dining hall is great and terrible in its own right, but let’s admit that the best part about them and any meal are the desserts. Let’s take a lot at the top 5 best desserts at every dining hall. Spoiler: This is very biased.

5. Ohill/Newcomb Soft Serve Machine

The Soft Serve ice cream is a classic which is why it gets a place on this list. My favorite is when Newcomb puts in a new flavor like peach. The only thing that could make this dessert better would be more toppings.

4. Newcomb Mini Coconut Cremé Cupcakes

What can I say? These are so good if you like vanilla and coconut, and Newcomb always has plenty to go around. These are great if you want to try something different than ice cream or brownies.

3. Ohill Cake

Okay, Ohill cake is always great. The cake is always moist, and the icing is sweet. Everyone knows this is great, and this cake runs out quickly after it’s put down.

2. Runk Oreo Cupcakes

These are amazing! I could eat the icing alone for days. The only sad part is that Runk does not always have this.

1. Ohill Fruit Trix Bars

Some may argue that gluing together cereal should not qualify as dessert. I am here to tell you that these fruity trix bars are the best thing known to man. If you haven’t had these, then you haven’t been living life to the fullest.

Gabriella is a third-year majoring in History and Archaeology with a Spanish minor. She hopes to attend law school in the future and is passionate about repatriation, restorative justice, and sexual respect. She currently serves as the HerCampusatUVA's Campus Correspondent/Vice President! In Gabriella's free time, she enjoys reading fantasy books, working out, traveling, and finding new music to listen to! Around grounds, she is also involved with her sorority and CORE (Culture of Respect Educators)!