Sweet & Spooky Treats to Make this Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Whether you’re a ghost, goblin, or ghoul, everybody needs a sweet treat in their life. These four spook-tacular creations are sure to make your Halloween unforgettable.

Skull Linzer Cookies

User @_bellabakes on instagram makes the cutest baked goods year round, so it’s no surprise her Halloween desserts are literally to die for. Using round cookie cutters and piping tips, she creates an adorable skull that makes the perfect top of a linzer cookie. To make these cookies the full recipe can be found on @_bellabakes’s instagram. Less than 10 simple ingredients to have a super fun halloween!

Chocolate Pretzel Spider Webs

This easy and fun treat only requires two simple ingredients: melted milk chocolate and pretzel sticks. Lay the pretzels down on parchment paper with some distance between each other to create a circle shape reminiscent of a firework. But because it isn’t Independence Day yet, use your melted chocolate, starting with the center, to connect the pretzel and create a web. And, if you’d like to make a spider, you can even put some small candy eyeballs in the webs center to create a creepy new friend. Just a warning: making these requires the restraint to wait for some necessary cool time before you can snack on this sweet and easy treat! For a video demonstration user @sweatysweetpotato has a great tutorial and recipe on her instagram.

Halloween Muddy Buddies

With the addition of some candy corn and pumpkins this recipe turns traditional muddy buddies into a great Halloween treat. This is one of many of Instagram food blogger @_hannahbrianne_’s amazing Halloween creations. You can find the full recipe on her page!

Apple Pie monkey bread minis

Although this dessert is not technically Halloween related, it’s total fall vibes landed this treat a spot on this list. This warm and gooey dessert will make you want to curl into the couch and rewatch Gilmore Girls for the fourth time. The full recipe can be found on @wellmadebykiley’s Instagram.

Seton Gerrity is a new member of HerCampus at the University of Virginia. She is a first year from Annapolis, Maryland who is currently undecided for her major.