I Tried a $90 Face Mask and Here’s What Happened

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Hi, my name is Olivia, and I am a mask-a-holic. They are my favorite way to unwind from the day, and I have amassed quite a collection over the years. From high-end to drugstore, I love them all. My favorite masks to use are detox masks because they leave my face feeling clear and clean after only a few minutes.

So, when I saw that Kypris, a natural beauty brand I adore, had a detoxifying clay mask, I was like “Heck yeah, sign me up, send me the bill, I am all in”. Their products are organic and sustainable, with absolutely no chemicals.

Their Deep Forest Clay Mask is infused with botanical ingredients such as Thyme, Aspen, Vetiver, Chamomile, Fir, Butterfly Bush, and Hibiscus designed to exfoliate and detoxify your skin.  This 1.5 oz product retails for $88.00. Let that one sink in, take a deep breath, it’s okay.

So, I have been giving this bad boy a try for a month or so, using it once a week for 20 minutes and I have fully gathered my thoughts. First of all, I’m going to just come out and say it, I am in LOVE. It is the most detoxifying, intense mask I have ever used. That being said, I would not recommend this to those with super sensitive skin. Using this more than once a week would totally irritate my face, but once a week is the perfect amount to suck all of the gunk (ew, gross) out of my pores.

If you have oily or easily congested skin, I would totally recommend this mask. It’s amazing, and well worth its price tag!

Hi! I am Olivia Bunting, but most people call me Liv. I am a first year at UVA, and I am so excited to be a part of HerCampus!