How to Destress Before Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

With finals week just around the corner, I’m stressing, but I’m also trying to remember that there’s a light at the end of the tunnel. With just two weeks to go until my first final, I’m spending my last few days trying to destress before I dive deep into studying. Here’s hoping that the tips below are helpful If you’re looking to stay calm in the days leading up to finals!

Exercise

Finally, the nicer weather has decided to show up, and I couldn’t be soaking it in more. Taking a walk or going for a run is a great way to release endorphins and calm some of those pre-finals nerves. Being out in nature can really lift your spirits.

Engage in Self-Care

Whether this means going out to get your nails done, reading a book you’ve been waiting to read, or catching up on tv, do something for yourself that you haven’t tried before. This will give your brain a much needed break from all the work you’ve been doing all semester, in addition to preparing it for studying.

Spend Time with Friends and Family

If you’re lucky enough to be able to go home this weekend, whether it be for Easter or Passover or no reason at all, spend time with both your friends and family. Talking to them can really give you perspective on the stress or anxiety you may be feeling. Plus, being home is the best.

Isabelle is a fourth year majoring in American Studies at the University of Virginia. In her free time, she enjoys binging on Netflix and taking group fitness classes. She has a tri-color corgi puppy named Brooklyn and has an unhealthy obsession with Trader Joes. Follow her at @islorenn on instagram!