Style > Beauty

Cruelty Free Beauty Products Under $10 That I Absolutely Love

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

We, as people, love to feel clean and beautiful, whether or not the world is bursting into flames around us. I find nothing more absurd than spending huge clumps of cash on beauty products; although, I am a hypocrite in a way since my foundation [that I’ve used for 3 years] costs 50 dollars. As I have done many trials with different products, here is a list of cheap beauty products that are completely worth the money.

Primer

I have never been a big fan of primer. It seemed like an unnecessary routine without much payoff, until I found the holy grail: e.l.f Poreless Putty Primer. This primer is smooth and costs a mere 8 dollars. This makes my pores look seamless, and I find that my makeup does not sink into the depths of hell as easily with this.

Concealer

Another e.l.f. product (last one, I promise. I, too, like variety)! Concealer is a must for me, and one of my new finds is e.l.f. Camo Concealer. If blended properly, it looks natural. It comes in 26 shades and is only 6 dollars. It looks great on oily to normal skin types.

Eyebrow Gel

I used to be a sucker for Glossier’s Boy Brow. However, after a while, the 18 dollar price felt a little much. Desperate to find a dupe, I found NYX Control Freak Eyebrow Gel. There is nothing more chic than a clean brow and this product keeps my worm-like brows humbled.

Lip Gloss

Lip gloss has never been more popular now since 2007. Although the market for lip gloss is very expansive, one of my favorites is Colourpop So Juicy Plumping Gloss. It is sticky, but your lips will look as shiny and plump as ever. It has 10 shades and tastes good too.

Body Scrub

The best body scrub I have ever tried is Tree Hut’s Shea Sugar Scrub. For only 6 dollars, you get nearly 20 ounces of delicious scrub (seriously, it is very tempting to taste). You can get any fragrance you want, from rose to vanilla to coconut to sugar cookies. Nothing feels better than smooth, clean skin and this product is perfect for that.

hi! my names emmaline and i'm a 4th english major at uva. thanks for reading!
Nikki is a fourth year and a Biology major at the University of Virginia. Her loves in life include reading, animals, and cookies! Writing is one of her creative outlets and she hopes you enjoy her articles as much as she enjoys writing them!