Cook like a Celebrity This Holiday Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

I would honestly be lying if I didn’t admit that part of what makes this “the best time of the year” for me is the promise of time off from school and the chance to relax. If you’re lucky, you’ll probably receive a highly coveted gift during this holiday season — spare time. Ah, if only I could get some of that beautiful, stress-free time in my life right now. Unfortunately, most of us are stuck in the trenches of finals season. But we must persevere! Because before we know it, winter break will arrive and grace us with some time to do the things we enjoy. One of the biggest highlights of the holiday season (at least for me) is the copious amounts of delicious food that is shared in the company of family and friends. Whether you’re a highly skilled chef or a serious beginner like myself, consider spending some time in the kitchen this season. You’ll be surprised at just how relaxing and enjoyable cooking can often be. Even better, get some friends or family to join you! To make things extra fun, I’ve compiled a list of holiday recipes from seven celebrities for you to choose from. Because who doesn’t want to tell people they are eating Mariah Carey’s Christmas cookies? 

1.   Neil Patrick Harris’s “Ooey Gooey Bars (photo courtesy of www.instyle.com

2.   Blake Lively’s Puff Pastry Recipe(photo courtesy of www.vogue.com

3.   Maria Bello’s Candied Sweet Potatoes (photo courtesy of www.instyle.com

4.   Paul McCartney’s Spinach Tart(photo courtesy of www.people.com)

5.  Mariah Carey’s “Merry Christmas II You Cookies” (photo courtesy of flovorwire.com) 

6.  Christina Hendricks’s Cauliflower Soup(photo courtesy of www.instyle.com

7.   Michelle Obama’s Shortbread Cookies(photo courtesy of flavorwire.com)