Best Things About October at UVA

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Trick or Treating on the Lawn

Hundreds of local families bring their kids and dogs dressed in costume to participate in one of Charlottesville’s favorite annual events! Cute kids + cute pets + costumes + candy = spooky safe fun! 

Picture Courtesy of The Daily Progress

Puppies and Pumpkins

Puppies and Pumpkins, aka the most fun a girl can have in the UVA amphitheater. Local therapy dogs are brought in during the height of midterms to pet and cuddle on one side of the amphitheater while the other side is (free) pumpkin carving palooza. It’s truly their perfect study break. 

Picture Courtesy of Twitter 

Homecoming/YAR

Somehow we’ve made it 5 months without our dearly departed graduating classes of years past but NOW THEY’RE BACK! Homecoming weekend means reuniting, taking pictures, tailgating, and partying with old friends. Catch everyone partying after the football game at the Young Alumni Reunion and reminisce on old times. 

Picture Courtesy of ReadTheHook

Halloweekend​

Halloween is on a Wednesday this year, so get hype for 5 full days of skimpy costumes, candy, and drunken fun!

Picture Courtesy of HerCampus

The Self Loathing and Panic Associated with Midterms!

I’ll just leave it at that. 

Hi! I'm Summer! I'm a fourth-year biology major at the University of Virginia, and President/Campus Correspondent for HCUVA. I love HC because it elevates the female voice and provides a platform for my passions in an awesome #girlsquad community! I hope you enjoy my articles as much as I enjoyed writing them. Thanks for checking out my page, and happy reading!