6 Songs for a Fun Spring Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

I love making new playlists to accompany the changing of the season, especially when it starts to get warm out. There is nothing better than enjoying the new weather with great music and friends. Check out some of my top suggestions for a playlist to perfectly set the mood for the summer build up!

1.   Saturdays by Twin Shadow ft HAIM

This song embodies every 80s teen movie and makes you want to dance into every summer night. HAIM is one of my personal favorites so I might be biased, but trust me when I say you can’t skip over this song.

(photo courtesy of Google Images

2.   This Must Be the Place by Talking Heads

I recently discovered this makes for a great running song, but I originally thought of it as a summer staple. Its beat begs for you to bop your head along and celebrate these longer days of the year. Also, it may or may not become the new ode describing your love for the Rotunda.

(photo courtesy of Google Images

3.   Island in the Sun by Weezer

Ever since I heard this song in the *iconic* scene in Aquamarine, the top item on my bucket list has been to dance with a boy to this song. Weezer never fails as a playlist addition, so do yourself a favor and add it to yours.

(photo courtesy of Google Images

4.   Say You Will by Fleetwood Mac

Fleetwood Mac is an obvious choice, but as one of their newer songs you might not be familiar with this upbeat dance number. However it is a great choice for your summer Fleetwood fix.

(photo courtesy of Google Images)

5.   Just for Us by Francis and the Lights

You might of heard of him through his collabs with Drake, Frank Ocean, or Chance the Rapper, but Francis and the Lights can definitely hold his own.

(photo courtesy of Google Images)

6.   No Exit by Tennis

Tennis is one of my newest favorite artists and I am really excited to share them with you! I initially loved them because their HAIM-esque vibes, but their sound is much more of a low pop take on 50s love songs.

(photo courtesy of Google Images)