This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

As someone who is the ultimate snacker, I can say with confidence that I am very qualified to suggest these items. I have personally tested dozens of Trader Joe’s snack options so that you, the readers, could get the absolute best that this amazing place has to offer. These are great for the dorm life and would fit in any mini fridge or under bed pantry.

Blueberry Lavender Almond Beverage

I am a huge Emma Chamberlain fan, so when I saw her review this milk and give it a 10/10, I had to try it. This drink is almost like a blueberry muffin in a cup. It is the perfect amount of sweetness, yet it doesn’t taste like a lavender bath bomb which I was worried about. It’s the perfect addition to any coffee or cereal or even on its own. It’s also great to spice up more basic cereal options like Raisin Bran or Special K. This is a must pick up item!

Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups

These are probably the most highly recommended items at Trader Joes, but I just had to include them. The dark chocolate is sweet, but not bitter and the peanut butter is creamy and decadent. These put regular Reese’s cups to shame, and I am a massive Reese’s girl so that’s saying something. Run, don’t walk to pick up a huge container of these – you won’t be sorry.

Elote Corn Chip Dippers

I am going to be honest, I cannot handle spicy food at all. But these chips are the perfect amount of spice with a hint of sweetness that keeps you coming back for more. I truly don’t know how I ever lived without these chips in my pantry. Everytime I go to TJ’s I pick up a minimum of two bags (usually more) and my whole family loves them. The perfect anytime dorm snack, you must try them! 

Just a Handful of Simply Almonds, Cashews, and Cranberries Trek Mix

I am constantly snacking, so these mini packs of trail mix are the perfect on the go snack. They are small enough to fit in any purse or pocket, but still large enough to feel like a nice snack. I personally love the almond, cashew, and cranberry mix, but they have so many different options to choose from. I keep one of these on me at all times in case I’m in need of an emergency pick me up and they always do the trick.

Organic Creamy Cashew Yogurt

As someone who is very lactose intolerant, I’m always looking for non-dairy items that will satisfy my taste buds. These yogurts are creamy and flavorful, without the weird texture of most non-dairy yogurts. I personally prefer the strawberry, but the vanilla is also amazing. My favorite way of eating it is to mix a few berries and some granola in there and you have the absolute perfect breakfast or snack. They fit perfectly inside my dorm fridge and make breakfast in bed quick and easy.

Hi! My name is Nicole Garibaldi and I am a second year from Arlington, VA. I am a pre-comm major with a minor in computer science. I love baking, painting, and snuggling my rescue lab Tucker! Please talk to me about Harry Styles!!!
Nikki is a fourth year and a Biology major at the University of Virginia. Her loves in life include reading, animals, and cookies! Writing is one of her creative outlets and she hopes you enjoy her articles as much as she enjoys writing them!