Style > Beauty

4 Lip Products To Create The Perfect Sheer Lip This Fall

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Whether you love a dark lip, a nude lip, or a lip that channels everything that is Pumpkin Spice, we can all agree that sheer and glossy lips are trending nowadays. While there is nothing wrong with a deep burgundy liquid lipstick or a nude cream lipstick to match your sweater this Fall, you can still achieve the Fall look with a lighter product. Here is a range of lip products that can help you achieve the perfect Fall lip while trying out new trends for yourself!

Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey, $24 at Sephora and Ulta

Okay. We can all agree that this product is everywhere! Clinique formulated this to compliment all skin tones, so this is a perfect product to begin this list with! This is deep berry colored lipstick that can look a bit daunting in the tube, but when applied, it will add the perfect flush of color. It can be sheered out with a lip balm or built up on its own. Whether you feel you look best in berry shades or you want something more seductive for a night out, this product is perfect for you!

Clinique also offers a lipgloss version of this, Clinique Pop Plush Creamy Lip Gloss in Black Honey Pop ($22 at Sephora and Ulta), which is perfect for a sheer and glossy look!

Maybelline Lifter Lip Gloss with Hyaluronic acid in taffy, $7.98 at walmart

The Maybelline Lifter Gloss is a more affordable lip gloss that performs just as well, and even better, than most high-end lip products. The Taffy shade in particular is so Fall. This is a plummy shade with a more hot magenta tone as you sheer it out. You can easily sheer this lip gloss out or build it up to your liking. The formula also includes Hyaluronic Acid, so this is perfect to add on your lips when you want some hydration with a kick of shine!

Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Gloss in Caramel, $16 at Sephora and Ulta

This lip gloss is described as a soft peachy brown. I find that, in the fall, this adds a great pop of color that brings a glow out within my complexion. It is a beautiful rust color that enhances the pink in your natural lips. However, this is a more sticky gloss, so I would add this on top of a balm or your favorite Fall lipstick.

Too Faced Hangover Pillow Balm Ultra-Hydrating Lip Balm in Cocoa Kiss, $26 at Sephora and Ulta

This Too Faced lip balm is one of my tried and true lip balms. I wear this during the day, at night, and even while I am at the gym. This is a thicker lip balm that comes in liquid form with a doe foot applicator. Too Faced sells many fruit and dessert flavors in this balm, but the shade Cocoa Kiss is awesome for those who want a subtle, hydrating, nude lip this Fall. It is a true light brown nude, and it smells just like a bar of chocolate!

Gracie Firgau is on the writing team at the Her Campus at The University of Virginia chapter. Beyond Her Campus, Gracie studies Pre-Commerce and German at the Univerity of Virginia. She is a second year interested in Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Information Technology. Gracie has also done research on topics such as Video Game Preference and Sensorimotor Skill Maturity Compared to Age and Ultraviolet Radiation’s Effect on Drying Duration of Automotive Paints with Resin Filming Agents. She has interned for the Nau Center at UVA on the Letters Home Project, worked with her professor in the History Department on transcriptions of documents from the 1800s, and interned for Galax City Public Schools in Information Technology. In her free time, Gracie enjoys weightlifting, cooking and baking new recipes, and experimenting with new fashion and beauty. She is also involved in Chi Alpha at the University of Virginia and is always searching for new areas to explore her passions while also building new relationships.