This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

This past month in Texas has been a whirlwind, not to mention this past year with coronavirus. The snowstorm starting on Valentine’s Day lasting throughout the week lead to most households without electricity and/or water, and spring break is either just starting or just ending for some. People nowadays are just trying to survive mentally. I have a couple of tips and tricks to destress.

Watch a show.

After a long day of work or school, go home and watch a show that requires little to no thinking like Love Island or even the Kardashians. It just gives you an hour or two to let your head drift into someone else’s drama. This helps with not dwelling on all of the stresses of that day or the next.

Take time for yourself.

Go get a manicure/pedicure. Go on a trail walk. Go get a message.

Change your diet.

Recently I’ve changed my eating habits to each meal having a main source of protein. This will increase your energy and keep you fully satisfied. With a new diet comes trying new foods and learning how to incorporate new recipes into a weekly experiment. Spice up your taste buds and provide for your body.

Get out of your comfort zone.

Go meet new people. Repetition in life may make some feel stuck in an endless sad cycle.

Try new things.

Like all the things I listed, try new things. Try new workouts every week. Let your workouts be an outlet, not a chore. When you look good, you feel good.

I know it’s not that simple sometimes, but stepping back and identifying what isn’t working for you may open up endless options of other routes that life has in plan for you. Easier said than done. For example, work. Sometimes work is just set in place so you can learn time and money management. I know things get hard but do what’s in your control and know that things may suck, but there is a plan set in store for you. Listen to your body,  go with your gut, follow your heart, find an outlet, and give yourself a break.

Hi! I'm Maddie and I am a senior at UTSA! Here on my account, you will find all the things that I love, which is fashion, wine, and Mexican food. I'm convinced there is nothing better than platform shoes, statement earrings, a face mask and some chips and queso! Here on my page I will keep y'all updated with the newest fashion, self care routines and cooking recipes!