My Realistic 6 AM Morning Routine

I’d like to tell you about how I start my day with a bit of sunrise yoga, then move into an hour of gratitude journaling whistle sipping on some lemon water. But I have to be real, that’s not how my mornings usually go...like ever. This, however, is what my mornings tend to look like:

6 AM ━ Wake up:

Shock that I’m actually awake:

Confusion because it’s now 6:30 AM and my second alarm is going off and I have no idea what happened to the past 30 minutes:

Disorientation as I stumble to the bathroom:

Panic as my third alarm starts blaring from my room, with the door wide open, while I’m still in the bathroom worrying it’s going to wake my roommate up:

Ponderance as to whether my roommate is even in her room because her light is always on…?

Unsurprised when I look in the mirror and see my under eyes looking even more shadowed and corpse-like:

Annoyance when my fourth alarm goes off and it’s already 7 AM and all I’ve done was fumble around half asleep:

7:30 AM ━ Already fading fast but at least by now I’m either making breakfast or heading out the door to get it:

Somehow it’s now 8:30 AM, the food is gone, and now I have a burst of energy...or so I think:

I’m not sure what time it usually happens, but remember that burst of energy I mentioned before? Yeah, that was a joke! I’m dead now. All function is gone━I’m a zombie and it takes me an unnecessary amount of time to do simple tasks.

10 AM ━ Finally, the golden hour! It’s crunch time now which means that anything important basically needs to be done now. The rest of my morning may be a flop but now is show time.

Now I know what you may be thinking, why not just sleep in until 10 AM? Well, it’s simple, I don’t think I’d be able to be as productive as I am if I slept in, plus I am productive sometimes before 10 AM, this was just a glimpse of my past week which was a bit of a rough one for me.