A Letter to My Mother

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

Dear Mom,

I’m at the end of my first year in college and these past nine months have been so essential to who I have become. Even with just one year of college tucked under my belt, I look back at this same time last year and realize how much has changed. These changes have led to so many opportunities and realizations, but they have also sometimes left me on the edge of a mental breakdown.

But whether it was being just a phone call away whenever I need someone to talk or making sure I knew how to work the laundry machines as soon as I could carry my laundry down the stairs back home, you have provided me with a strong support system and have raised me in a way that has prepared me to be able to adapt and be responsible for myself. I know that if I am ever in need of a pep talk or just need some motherly advice, you are just a phone call away.

I’ve always known that I lean on you for a lot of things, but I don’t think I ever realized exactly how much until this year. This particular Mother’s Day is very special to me because it is the first Mother’s Day in this chapter of my life. You have helped create me into the person that I am today, and for that I am very thankful.

Much love,

Your Daughter

I like taking pictures and listening to music (preferably live). I should be traveling the world, but instead, I'm pulling all-nighters and loading up on stress and caffeine.
Chloe is currently a senior trying to figure out how she's going to be capable of functioning as a real adult in less than a year. When she's not currently dealing with this quarter life crisis you can find her at happy hour, watching movies she knows will make her cry (& forcing her fiance to watch them with her, becaue #love, obsessing over her December wedding, and just generally trying to relive freshman year with her friends because she knows the best years of her life are about to end.