This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

On September 5th, the English electronic pop duo, Oh Wonder released their highly anticipated first single, “Hallelujah,” from their upcoming 3rd album. The single is a literal masterpiece and is everything we need to listen to this fall.

Josephine Vander Gucht and Anthony West are the proud members of Oh Wonder. The duo’s musical journey began with the idea of releasing one new song every month for a year until the release of their self-titled debut album in 2015. 

Since the debut album, the duo has released one additional album titled Ultralife. Equally as well-received as their debut, Ultralife sparked Oh Wonder to grow from playing small shows to doing a world tour in the course of two years.

Waiting for a little over two years to release new material, Oh Wonder began teasing a new single coming soon. Much to the relief of their antsy fans, “Hallelujah” was finally released, and it was everything we have been hoping for.

Behind the feel-good mix of synth chords and atmospheric harps, there is an empowering message that is strong enough to lift even the heaviest mood (or GPA.) A welcome addition to their motivational musical repertoire, Oh Wonder’s single reminds the listeners of the judgment and difficulties that come with going after your dreams but encourages the listeners to grab their crowns and wear them despite their haters.

“Hallelujah” is the pop hit that we all need to boost our confidence and encourage us to start the Fall semester strong. Catch us in our room, blasting it the night before a big presentation or test!  

English major graduate with concentrations in creative and professional writing and a minor in comparative literature. 100% witty poet.
Lauren is currently a senior at UTSA who is obsessed with anything involving music and pop culture. She is one of the Campus Correspondents for HC UTSA, and is in charge of social media and editing. You can catch her traveling across the country for concerts, eating Whataburger fries, or constantly scrolling through her social media feeds.