diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Tips to Help You Succeed In Online Classes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

Tip #1: Schedule in the Time for Your Online Classes

My first and most important tip to help you succeed in online classes is to schedule in non-negotiable time for your online classes the same way you would for your in-person lectures. Doing this should prevent you from (a) forgetting about your online classes completely and (b) overbooking yourself without taking into account the time you’ll need to work on readings or assignments for these classes.

Tip #2: Use a Planner

My second tip isn’t just helpful for when you have online classes, but if you’re someone that doesn’t typically use a planner…get one. This goes hand-in-hand with the first tip, meaning that there really shouldn’t be any excuse for forgetting to do assignments or when to turn them in.

Tip #3: Prioritize! Prioritize! Prioritize!

My third tip is simple, do the most important/pressing assignments first. While a lot of people may think it’s best to get the smaller, easier assignments done first, trial and error have shown me that that’s just another form of procrastination. Completely assignments with faster approaching due dates as well as assignments that count for a bigger portion of your grade will save you unnecessary stress and late-night cramming later on.

Tip #4: Get a Pair of Blue-light Blocking Glasses

My fourth tip is to help you succeed in online classes is to get blue-light blocking glasses, this is especially key if you’re in multiple online classes. Staring at your computer all day, and even all throughout the night for some can put a real strain on your eyes. So, blue-light blocking glasses can help ease the strain on your eyes from having to spend so much time on your computer.

Tip #5: Find an Accountability Buddy (*Optional*)

My fifth and final tip is an optional one for that may be struggling a bit more in the self-discipline department or that just feel they learn better when they study with others. Just like how you may have a friend in an in-person class that you can get notes from if you miss a class or study with before a test, finding someone that’s in your online class with you that you can study with or at least meet up with from time-to-time to make sure you’re staying on track and in pace with the rest of the class could be really beneficial.

Sydney is a senior majoring in Sociology with a minor in Psychology. She's an avid Youtube watcher and Netflix binger. Sydney's a lover of YA fiction, especially dystopian series, and she can often be found around campus, with earphones in, listening to an audiobook. As someone that is forever getting lost in books, she thought it was time to share her own stories and opinions.
Lauren is currently a senior at UTSA who is obsessed with anything involving music and pop culture. She is one of the Campus Correspondents for HC UTSA, and is in charge of social media and editing. You can catch her traveling across the country for concerts, eating Whataburger fries, or constantly scrolling through her social media feeds.